Old 11-24-2017, 12:51 PM   #1

Water heater setting off CO alarm.

My family just encountered an issue with the CO detector going off twice in two days in our brand new 2018 Clipper on our second ever trip in our camper. I was really freaking out about why this was happening to our little home away from home when I found an older post about it being caused when the wind blows into the water heater panel. After shutting everything down and airing out the camper I took the seat cover and top off the water heater compartment and it is plainly obvious why this happens when the wind is blowing from that side... There is nothing at all separating the water heater from the CO detector or blocking blowback from the fumes from entering the camper under the right circumstances. But on the bright side, it means that the CO buildup is being detected early and while it is still mostly just in that compartment. I hope the dealer will make some reparations for this issue but if not I think I can solve it in my own now that I know what is going on... I hope anyone who encounters this in their Clipper finds this helpful!

DJMLibra79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 12:54 PM   #2

welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. If you or the dealer come up with a fix share it with the forum please.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
alarm, beeping, co detector, heater, water, water heater