Old 05-06-2012, 06:49 PM   #1

Water in my Belly?

So I became distracted with my kids while I was prepping and cleaning the water system. On one of my fresh tank fill ups I left the hose in the fill line for way to long..... However The water was only coming back out of the fill tube. Nothing was coming out of the breather/overflow.

I noticed today that my belly cover was sagging and it had water leaking out of it.

I was looking at all the covers and how to go about pulling everything apart. Once I get all the glue and silicone of the tank outlets and remove a few other items like the propane lines hopefully the cover will just come off.

Here are my questions

--What should i expect to see?
--Will the tank be easy to access?
I assume I will be able to see all the lines and just start fixing any problems I see.
--When i re install the belly covers what is the sealant used?
Is it just black silicone or is it something specific. Since it is used in the upside down position i do't want to make a mess on the driveway out of silicone.
The Fill and vent lines on my 2011 Sabre 32BHOK-6 are about 15' away from the tank,
--I was thinking about relocating them to a new pannel closer to my main tank.

Old 05-06-2012, 07:09 PM   #2

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. I was filling the tank on my last trailer and walked away and forgot about it while talking to the neighbor. When I came back to it water was coming out of the overflow as well as from under the trailer. It had actually "over pressured" it and cracked the tank! After many failed attempts to repair it I ended up replacing the tank. I never walk away from it while filling from now on. Hopefully yours is just a piping issue.

Nights camped 2012 - 35
Nights camped 2013 - 46
rkswyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:19 PM   #3

Oh boy!! i was not thinking that. I better do some looking tomorrow.

How hard was the removal and install?
What sealant did you use?
Silicone?
If so what brand?
Old 05-06-2012, 08:13 PM   #4

My trailer was an Eclipse Attitude toy hauler. It didn't have the enclosed under belly. Removal and installation of the tank was not a big deal on that trailer. Removed the fill and equalization line as well as the sensor wires and dropped it out.The cross-members that held the tank were bolted in place. The tank on mine was expensive and the shipping was high as well. If I remember right it was close to $400. Hopefully when you dig into yours you find out it is just a piping issue! If water wasn't coming out of your overflow you are probably OK. (Unless it is plugged)

Nights camped 2012 - 35
Nights camped 2013 - 46
rkswyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:39 AM   #5

Ok took all the under belly covering and insulation off the camper last night. Found a small pin hole in the fill tube line. Nothing under the camper is protected or secured. There was other spots where wires and hoses were rubbing on the components of the frame and holding tanks. I bought some sealing pipe tape from Lowes that's good for 100psi and 212 degrees. Being a no pressure line it should work. I was going to replace the hose but the location of the tank made it very difficult. So I opted for the pipe sealing tape fix.
I have half the under belly all back together. I going to use the "great stuff" expanding foam and black silicone to fill all the voids on the belly cover where the pipes and stuff come out.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:37 AM   #6

I tried to fill my water tank for the first time tonight on a brand new fifth wheel and it seemed to be going fine and then all of a sudden it all started pouring out the bottom of the trailer?? What is that about?
Old 05-20-2012, 08:50 AM   #7

If it is coming out of a tube that is your over flow. That is perfectly normal. However if water is coming from some random location, that could be a problem. Could you describe the location of the leak?
Old 05-20-2012, 03:55 PM   #8

I had a leak on the top front corner of my trailer and the water from the gutter poured straight into the trim down into the belly. Had to cut the underbelly for it is the tarp material and take all the insulation out. replaced it with 1in rigid foam and reflective bubble wrap. Retaped underbelly with Gor. tape.