Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-06-2016, 08:09 PM   #1

water leak in 19RR toy hauler 2013

we have developed a leak in the cold water line from the kitchen sink across to the bathroom plumbing.We lost pressure and by the time we found the leak, the water had built up in the belly.
We can't actually see the leak but water is squirting up through the white Plastic grommet where both lines run under the floor..viewable through the panel under the stove.
I cut the black plastic to allow the water to drain but havent located exactly on the belly where to cut to gain access to the lines.Also..there are two metal straps(running fore and aft) holding what looks to be one of the tanks(don't know which one) between the main front to back members.
Any help telling me where to find the lines and/or where the lines are routed would be appreciated.I don't want to cut the entire plastic belly out.Also..water was dripping from the section between the insulated belly panels...the area that is not insulated.
Are there any fittings in those lines other than where they attach to the faucet and how do they hook up to the bathroom lines..?What is the best place to gain access to the bathroom side.
It looks like it might be easier to use jack stands and remove one or both wheels/tires to work?
Thanks in advance..Just need to know where to cut and what to expect.
seawolf71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 04:15 PM   #2

update..and skinned knuckles

well..the cold water line is abraded through where it goes under the floor and across to tie into the bathroom plumbing and Forest River is the cause of the problem...
When the unit was built, FR allowed NO(zero) slack in either the hot or the cold water lines and the cheesy white piece of plastic that surrounds the hole doe NOT go inside the hole therefore letting the line rub on the floor until it ruptured...
To make matters worse, the lines must run on top of the freshwater tank and after cutting several inspection panes in the underneath,We don't see the lines..
We are going to try enlarging the hole with my roto zip and inserting shark fittings and a replacement piece of pipe to see if that will work.Clearance is tight because of the furnace and the cabinet..grr
If this doesn't work we see no other option than to disconnect the stove and plumbing and remove the entire kitchen cabinet...
seawolf71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 05:42 PM   #3

did you take it to the dealer or call them and ask if there is a warranty on gross manufacturer error? i doubt there will be but always worth a call. prob need to drop the belly and tank to get to those lines.

'21 dune sport fire storm custom toyhauler
dsrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 10:39 PM   #4

Sounds like you probably are doing the most practical repair making the floor opening larger and using Sharkbite's. Provided you can get the Sharkbite's to click on to the existing Pex it should not leak. I have used these fittings in some really tight areas. If it is really tight I have always attached my new Pex tubing first it sometimes help to push on to the old stuff. Good luck.
Rich5117 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2013, leak, toy hauler, water, water leak