Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2015, 11:52 AM   #1

Water leak near fridge

My brother has a Forest River Salem camper - and he has water on the floor near his fridge every so often. It is not a huge amount of water and it does not seem to be constant. He took it in for warranty repair and the dealer didn't find anything. Any ideas where this water could be coming from or what he should look for?
roxie1824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 12:00 PM   #2

Is the drain hose for the fridge going outside. Some times they don't do this from the factory and the dealer does not fix it in PDI.

Current: 2019 Sunseeker 2290S
Previous (2012-2016): 2012 Vibe 6501
1 Prospector Canoe, 2 Mtn. Bikes & 4 Hiking Boots
Happy Vibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 12:50 PM   #3

Possibly what we found recently with our new Sabre fifth wheel. The drain hose was over two feet too long, and was coiled up in the fridge outer panel. I think the water simply backed up and ran down wherever it could get out. Gently pull on the fridge drain hose from the outside and see.
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 01:41 PM   #4

He said that the leak happens when his water pump turns on.
roxie1824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 09:57 PM   #5

Hmm. Outside kitchen? Or maybe outside shower? It's gotta be a water line then, hidden behind a screwed on panel probably. Look for two screw's that need removed to expose a chase.
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 03:33 PM   #6

Water leK

After our 4th trip in our SS we had water on the in front of fridge. Turn out to be the connection at screen before the pump. I was happy to find it was something simple. Hardest part was removing the lower drawer to get access to the pump.
Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 03:39 PM   #7

Does fridge have ice maker? If it does check line going to top of fridge on back, may be leaking there and running down. It happened to me about two weeks ago.
camper007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 07:50 PM   #8

I'll throw in my two cents...maybe it will ring a bell. We had a similar problem due to the fact that (during winterization) we failed to remove the water from the internal ice maker filter on our Frigidaire (residential size) refrigerator. It froze and cracked at the base where it inserts into the filter housing. Water ran down the inside, behind the shelves where we couldn't see it. Then it seeped out under the door and ran across the floor. Believe me, we jumped through a lot of hoops to track it down.
Old 06-05-2015, 01:18 AM   #9
Retired Ford Tech

Water Leak

We have a 2008 Georgetown 350TS and had a water leak from under the fridge. I discovered that I failed to blow the water out of the black tank flush system, and the back flow preventer valve froze and cracked. It was attached to a stud near the fridge.
Try to back and back flush the black tank ( if you have that system) and see if you see the leak.
rvpezzano is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge, leak, water, water leak