Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-03-2011, 03:21 PM   #1

Water Leak - Somewhere in the trailer

Hello,

So I have a 2011 Forest River Stealth FS2612 and I'm having little issues here in there. Just when I think I have them fixed, I go camping and come home with a new problem.

So here is what it was doing. I had water in my fresh water tank, turned the pump on it ran for a while filling up the hot water heater. The next day I turn the pump on a it runs and runs so I turned it off. Still had water to the faucet, etc. I try later and it does the same thing. While I wasn't in the trailer and friend of mine turns the pump and he says it ran for awhile and finaly stopped (almost seems like the hot water tank lost the water that was in there). Next day, Sunday, it seems to be working the way it should... run some water and the pump comes on and off, etc.

So I'm taking the trailer to dump and the trailer is at a angle. While dumping the tanks I notice water coming from the bottom of the wall on the outside of the trailer where it's insulated where the support post for the side walls meet the frame.

I then go inside the trailer and can see traces of water along that wall under the shower area.

So it's at the dealer, I showed them the pictures I took of the water. They say they have been pressure testing the lines for a hour and no signs of water leaking. My guess is they have a hose connected and I think the issue is between the pump and the water heater, which I don't think you're gonna see a leak there if they are testing with a hose... or will you? I don't think the leak is at any of the drains, it has to be in the water lines. Anyone have water leaks in their trailer like this? Thanks

sorry for the long message
msteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 07:26 AM   #2

msteeler,
Hey I am new here but had this happen in my popup. Of course it is much easier to locate a leak in the pup. I had the same issue. The pump would build presssure and then it would cycle on and off about every 20 to 30 mins. I learned right away that this was a leak. My unit was leaking at a fitting at the ho water tank. Since the pump works on pressure demand any time it cycles on and off or runs contiuously water is going somewhere (assuming the pump is operating correctly). I am probably not telling you anything you do not already know. My suggestion is to check all of the screwed fittings first. Usually they are usually the culprits not the PEX connections. Check all of the faucets (bath, kitchen, tub/shower, outside shower), also check the fittings at the hot water tank and the pump. Hope you are able to track this down before some damage occurs.

John
giff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 12:03 PM   #3

Can you physically see/cess the pump and fresh water tank? That is modt likely where the leak is. And yes, you are correct about pressure testing with a water hose connected- there is a one way check valve that prevents outside pressurized water from going to the fresh tank and the pump assembly. You may have to remove a cabinet wall or panel to access the area, but it should be relatively easy to access. I must access mine in order to drain the fresh water tank, when needed. Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote