Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2010, 09:23 PM   #1

Water leaking from below trailer

Hey everyone, Since purchasing my 2007 Cherokee 28A+ I've been reading here to find all sorts of information. Thanks for all your help!

I thought I'd post a question to see if anyone had any thoughts on a small problem. I was standing in the driveway after a day of rain looking at the back of the trailer and noticed water dripping from a large clump of foam sealing a hole around the exit point for the running lite wires on the bottom of the rear wall. I removed the foam and found a hole about the size of a nickle and damp wood. I don't think it's been leaking long because the wood is not discolored and still firm. But it won't stay that way for long if this continues. My first though is the lights along the back of the trailer - water leaking in around one of them and running down the wires to the drip. However they all look to be sealed good. Before I start taking the back of the trailer apart I thought I'd ask if anyone has had a similer experiance. Thanks in advance. Jeff
GA_Cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:43 PM   #2

Hi Jeff,

Welcome to FRF.

Rain water entering the trailer wall through the clearance lights is an old problem with RVs. Apparently, during assembly, they don't apply enough sealant at the wire and mounting screws. I removed the rear clearance lights on my rig and used Doublestick MicroSealant Putty Tape to seal the area.
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote