Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2013, 08:33 PM   #1

Water lines

I used my T.T. a few weeks ago & will not use it till July 11th will i need to
put bleach in again.we have a britter water pitcher that we use for
cooking &coffee we are going to a campground with full hookups so
we will have city water.thank you for any help on this
Old 06-24-2013, 09:44 PM   #2

If the TT sits for one month or more I sanitize and thoroughly rinse the system.
Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:13 AM   #3

I do not, once a year only. We, like you, don't drink the water. If you worry about washing dishes, bathing or flushing, then it will not hurt to do it more. Good Luck
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:50 PM   #4

Why wouldn't you drink the water? I drink tap water in the camper all the time wether we have water in tank or have a city water hook up. We sanatize once a year when we dewinterize and have an on board water filter and before this TT used the in line filters you can buy at Walmart or RV stores.
2012 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
Dennis and Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:49 PM   #5

Maybe if I got a filter for the incoming water, but I don't like what the tanks are made of, it is my understanding that some of those tanks are made in China? So I don't think that we would know what they are made of? There have been issues with many things made in China. I live on a small ranch in SE Texas, I have three deep wells on the ranch and I could not want better water. We just take cleaned milk jugs full of my ranch water which we use for drinking and making coffee. When we go on long trips and the water runs out we fill the milk jugs with the best water along the way.
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:43 AM   #6

Hi all im new to the rv world and in reading about the water filter thing, it got me to thinking. If you use a cartridge type filter on your tt, what do you do to keep it from going bad while you are not hooked to a pressure source? And do you just remove and replace the cartridge, or is flushing it out sufficient?
Sorry for the newbie question but im still trying to get my head wrapped around all of this.
Malarkey is offline   Reply With Quote