Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2018, 12:18 PM   #1

Water pressure

We picked up our new 2018 Cherokee Cascade 26dbhc this weekend and love it. I have a couple issues though after camping. When filling the fresh water tank I noticed water was running out onto the ground. I got underneath the camper and noticed an elbow coming out of the top of the tank next to the fill hose. The elbow is uncapped and no hose connected so the water is coming from here. I'm guessing this elbow is for the tank vent hose but there's no hose to connect. If I cap this elbow will the tank vent through the fill cap? I dont want to crush the tank obviously. Also I noticed this hose coming out of the bottom of the camper behind the rear tire on the driver's side of the camper. Anyone know what it's for? I ask because I'm losing water pressure. When we first kicked the pump on the water pressure was great and only ran when needed. Towards the end of the weekend our water pressure was not good at all and I noticed the pump seemed to be running all the time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180529_110733.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	241.5 KB
ID:	173851   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180529_110633.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	220.5 KB
ID:	173852  
HPPYCAMPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 12:39 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPPYCAMPR View Post
We picked up our new 2018 Cherokee Cascade 26dbhc this weekend and love it. I have a couple issues though after camping. When filling the fresh water tank I noticed water was running out onto the ground. I got underneath the camper and noticed an elbow coming out of the top of the tank next to the fill hose. The elbow is uncapped and no hose connected so the water is coming from here. I'm guessing this elbow is for the tank vent hose but there's no hose to connect. If I cap this elbow will the tank vent through the fill cap? I dont want to crush the tank obviously. Also I noticed this hose coming out of the bottom of the camper behind the rear tire on the driver's side of the camper. Anyone know what it's for? I ask because I'm losing water pressure. When we first kicked the pump on the water pressure was great and only ran when needed. Towards the end of the weekend our water pressure was not good at all and I noticed the pump seemed to be running all the time.
Your FW tank should have 2 hoses sticking down. One for overflow so you know when it is full. That one will have no valve on it. The other one will be
the tank drain. It will have a valve on it. You should also find 2 more hoses. Low point drains. They will be blue and red. They will have valves. drains for winterizing.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 01:09 PM   #3
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

You should have one of those on each side under the camper.

These are overflow vents and you DO NOT WANT TO CAP THESE OFF!

They are there for a reason and will not affect your water pressure.

UNLESS YOU DO CAP THEM OFF!

Then you will not get any water through the water pump.

Often when you fill the fresh water tank you might loose some or most of your fresh water when travelling as the sloshing around will cause water to escape through these vents and will create a siphon.

Travelling with a 1/2 or less tank of fresh water will stop this from happening.

Probably the reason your pump was acting that way at the end of the weekend is because you needed to put more water back in the fresh water tank (ie.- it was low).

There should be a third drain pipe with a valve on it under the trailer (usually between and behind the two tires on the off-door side and that is the one you use to empty the fresh water tank.
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 01:35 PM   #4

Any clue what the hose that looks like it's been cut off that comes out of the bottom could be?
HPPYCAMPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 04:09 PM   #5
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

This is what my fresh tank drain hose looks like (see blue hose hanging)...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ProwlerFreshDrain-P1000181.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	803.3 KB
ID:	173871  
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 05:02 PM   #6

As mentioned, don't cap that elbow. That's your vent/overflow. Not sure what the other white tube would be for, but since you have an exposed tank it wouldn't be the overflow/vent for that since it's coming through the floor, higher than the tank. What is inside the trailer above where that white hose is coming through? That may help us figure out what it could be for.

As for your water pump running all the time and poor water pressure, that would be due to a low fresh water tank level. Even though there's still water in the tank, the pick-up for the water pump isn't right on the bottom of the tank and the tank level gauge could even indicate you still have a lot of water but you're still sucking air. If you fill the tank and the pump and water pressure go back to normal then that will confirm the cause. If you fill the tank and still have a problem then that means you either have a problem with the supply line to the pump or you have a leak somewhere after the pump (which should be obvious by water showing up where it doesn't belong).

Tags
pressure, water