Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2018, 12:33 PM   #1

Water pressure

Recently had reduced water pressure in our camper. Can a change in temperature affect water pressure in the camper? Our water for our campground will be shut off next week...is there something they do to prep that that would cause reduced water pressure? Just wondering if I need to take my TT in or if that is normal (first year connected to a city water supply at this time of year vs. the camper water pump). Thanks.
khoush1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 01:02 PM   #2

You might want to check your faucets inside the camper, they might have sand or trash.
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 01:17 PM   #3
Site Team

If it was fine and then all the faucets in the RV saw reduced pressure, it likely is something the utility did that caused it.

Do you have a regulator on the incoming water? If so, does it have a gauge on it?
Old 10-25-2018, 01:48 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoush1228 View Post
Recently had reduced water pressure in our camper. Can a change in temperature affect water pressure in the camper? Our water for our campground will be shut off next week...is there something they do to prep that that would cause reduced water pressure? Just wondering if I need to take my TT in or if that is normal (first year connected to a city water supply at this time of year vs. the camper water pump). Thanks.
city. water can fluctuate,depends on use and supplier . No mater where I am my pump produces better pressure then city . Though when on city water I use a PRV to keep from to high of pressure being pushed through .
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 02:06 PM   #5

Water pressure

Thank you all. No regulator on it as although we have good pressure, there's never been an issue with overpressure so was told not to worry about that. My guess it's the utility but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. Thanks again!
Old 10-25-2018, 02:12 PM   #6
Multi-Slacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoush1228 View Post
Thank you all. No regulator on it as although we have good pressure, there's never been an issue with overpressure so was told not to worry about that. My guess it's the utility but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. Thanks again!
If you ever get near hills or mountains then you had best worry about over pressure.
Old 10-25-2018, 02:46 PM   #7

Oh yes, nothing like that though.

Tags
pressure, water