Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-22-2013, 07:04 PM   #1

Water pressure from water pump

So, I am de-wintering and have filled the water tank with water and bleach and turned on the water pump switch from the control panel although I get no water coming out any faucets. Is there a master valve somewhere or an ideas??

RVFamily5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:09 PM   #2
Always Learning

Are all of your winterizing switches/valves turned to the "open" side of things. I believe mine has one that redirects the pump from the FE tank tithe outside inlet.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:14 PM   #3

I am new to rv-ing and do not know where the winterizing switches/valves are to make sure they are open. What is the "FE"? I do not have it hooked up to city water, just filled the fresh water holding tank. Light on switch comes on and I heard the pump on. Now I do not hear the pump, but no water. I must be missing some switch or valve is what I think??

Old 03-22-2013, 07:24 PM   #4
Always Learning

Sorry, that was supposed to be FW for freshwater.

Hmm, so I'm guessing that you didn't do the winterizing.. Hmm, I don't know the Sunseekers. But, mine are in the area where my water hookups are. There are levers that control the valves.

Basically, before the water pump will be a valve that controls where the pump draws from. Do you know where the water pump is and can follow TW lines? (Usually much easier said than done!)
Old 03-22-2013, 07:30 PM   #5
Always Learning

I googled randomly- are there any valves near a water filter?
Old 03-22-2013, 07:31 PM   #6

If you have water in the fresh water tank and the pump is on and the city water is not connected you should hear the pump run and get water.

If not, I would suspect a 12V fuse.

Bill

Life is a journey, not a destination.
2005 Georgetown 359ts
Bill & Virginia, Kentucky
Nights camped in 2011...78 , 2012...73,
Nights camped in 2013...123, 2014 ...101
bend302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:52 PM   #7

I think we had to let the water pump push the air out. It now works fine and all lines are now being sanitized. Thanks for your help!!

Old 03-22-2013, 07:55 PM   #8

Hmmm if the pump came on but then went off then that's sounds normal if the system is now pressurized. I can't think of any shutoff that would keep the water from getting to the faucets. The valves were referring to are typically near the water pump & hot water tank. 1 or 2 valves will keep water from entering the hot water tank and 1 valve will open up a link between the hot & cold water lines.

Look around your pump & hot water tank & FW tank for the valves we're referring to and let us know if you see any that don't go to the hot water tank or open a link between the hot & cold lines.

Paul

p.s. Be careful this time of year with your hot water tank being empty and being accidentally turned on when you hookup the trailer to shore power.
2012 (6 nights), 2013 (32 nights), 2014 (26 nights), 2015 (37 nights), 2016 (14 nights)
mTn_biKer65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:56 PM   #9
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVFamily5 View Post
I think we had to let the water pump push the air out. It now works fine and all lines are now being sanitized. Thanks for your help!!
Ahh, yep- it takes time for water to make it from the tank to faucet!

Run the hot water a bit, too- it has to first fill the hot water tank.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:18 PM   #10

Next question now that I have it working and the valves on. Can I run the bleach water sanitizing mixture through the hot water heater or should I be bypassing it? I would prefer to run it through to clean out the system and do not know if I will cause any harm by running it through?

Old 03-22-2013, 08:25 PM   #11

good questions, watching for answers
clancythecamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:26 PM   #12

no it won't hurt it
BillyBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:53 PM   #13
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill flick View Post
no it won't hurt it
X2. It sanitizes just like the rest of the system. Just make sure to flush it all out after you are done as 6 or 10 gallons of water takes awhile to run through.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:29 AM   #14
Explorer

When I think flush, I think just keep running water, unbleached water in this case. I think faster is to drain and refill tank after sanitizing maybe two maybe three times. I do it until I cant smell or taste bleach. Should pull the drain plug on the Hot Water Tank and flush out all the calcium build up every year anyhow. Its amazing how much stuff comes out and I do it twice a year plus I filter all the in coming water. My new camper has a zink rod attached to the drain plug that I was told to change yearly. I looked at mine twice last year and will be changing it this year.
John
YoungKopernik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:50 AM   #15
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungKopernik View Post
When I think flush, I think just keep running water, unbleached water in this case. I think faster is to drain and refill tank after sanitizing maybe two maybe three times. I do it until I cant smell or taste bleach. Should pull the drain plug on the Hot Water Tank and flush out all the calcium build up every year anyhow. Its amazing how much stuff comes out and I do it twice a year plus I filter all the in coming water. My new camper has a zink rod attached to the drain plug that I was told to change yearly. I looked at mine twice last year and will be changing it this year.
John
All good ideas. Chlorine is your, but not at 50 or 100ppm.

You only need to sanitize once. At 100 ppm and 8 hrs. All the bugs are kilt.