Old 07-24-2015, 10:13 PM   #1
Water Pressure in Toilet

I have a DS3170 Sunseeker and have a question - I bought my RV 3 months ago and so for had camped at a place where is was full hook up.. we just went to a dry camping site and was using the water from the RV.. The pressure in other outlets - sink in bathroom, kitchen seem to be fine. where as the toilet, when the pedal is half pushed, it is just trickling water. I hear the pump running / stopping as it is pushing the water..

Any suggestions?? also the antifreeze in the fresh water is killing me.. anyway to get rid of the taste & smell?

vriyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 11:58 PM   #2
It sounds like the toilet worked ok while on city water hookup, just low pressure while using internal pump. Does the water flow appear less at the sinks and shower while on the water pump?

You taste anti freeze when using water from the fresh water tank? Did you taste this when hooked to city water? You never should have had antifreeze in the fresh water tank. Did you?

There are 10 types of people in the world.
Those that know binary, and those that don't.
Evereddie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 02:10 AM   #3
Sounds like the (Previous Owner) put (Anti-Freeze) in the F/W tank! You need to (Dump Tank/ Flush Tank with water/Remove Filter/ Purge system with the F/W Pump/then do a Search at Top for (Sanitizing a Fresh Water System)! Also Search for your (Toilet Valve Stopped Up) Issue! This will be under Plumbing! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 04:35 AM   #4
Site Team
Unscrew the hose connected at the base of the toilet, clean the little screen and build-up out of the connection then reconnect. Enjoy. Just went thru this.
2013 Rockwood 8282WS
Reese Revolution Pin, Reese 16K
2008 Tundra Limited Double Cab 5.7L
Air Lift 5000 w/Wireless Air

dcheatwood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 02:35 PM   #5
Send a message via AIM to BGinVA
Sounds like some debris is blocking the valve as dcheatwood suggests. Could be some piece of plastic in the lines just worked its way to the toilet valve. Thetfords are notorious for this problem. I have had luck clearing these issues by simply applying a shot of compressed air backwards through the water flush outlet. Doesn't take much. I use the compress air that comes in cans from office supply stores you use to clean electronics. They have the small red tubes that attach to the nozzle on the can. Handy to keep around BTW.
BGinVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 05:48 AM   #6
Agree with last two posts including keeping a can of keyboard cleaning air on hand. Also be sure you have a roll of Teflon tape as that connection might drip a bit. I leave a couple of paper towels on the floor under the connection as a tattle to show if there is a water drip. All those pieces are plastic so finger tighten only.

BobHanke is offline   Reply With Quote

pressure, water