Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2012, 11:07 AM   #1

Question Water Pressure Regulator

Just received my 2013 ROO23SS last week. At our overview session, the dealer representative told me I needed a water pressure regulator set for 30 lbs. pressure.

The only type I can find is set for 40-55 lb. range.

I could not find any information in the owners manual on this subject. Wonder if the rep. was incorrect, and should have said 40 lbs. instead.

Please advise, and thank you in advance for feedback.
Rich37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:14 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

For a pressure regulator, 40 to 55 is just fine. We have never found a campground where we needed one, but we have it, just in case. Your plumbing in your trailer will easily handle 55 psi. The pump alone can make 50, so 55 won't hurt. I guess there are large campgrounds, with high water usage, and high demand, that may have 90 or so at the hook-up, so that is where the pressure regulator would be needed. I would suggest getting a metal one over plastic. Wal Mart may have them, or Camping World, not that expensive.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:19 AM   #3

My suggestion, if you are purchasing a water regulator, get an adjustable one with an indicator dial - that way you KNOW what the system pressure is - and not that much more expensive.

Mine is a Watts H560 http://www.wattscanada.ca/pages/_pro...ls.asp?pid=775
but, there are less expensive options out there.

...VTX-Al
VTX Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:18 PM   #4

Never heard of wanting water pressure that low. You need a regulator that regulates pressure but doesn't restrict flow. Walmart cheapies cut down pressure and flow. As stated above 45-55 lbs is acceptable for an RV. Try a Watts 263A with a dial on it. Check them out here:
RV Water Filter Store: Standard Filter Canisters for Whole RV
They are not cheap, but you will love the extra flow of water, especially in the shower(even more with an Oxygenics shower head).
bob213 is offline   Reply With Quote