Old 05-02-2013, 01:45 AM   #11

Faucet, shower blow out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by starret View Post
That is the same one we have used for the past 6 years with our old TT. Worked awesome except for the time my better half hooked up the water (that was always "MY JOB") and for some reason took the regulator off the hose as he thought the extra brass piece that was on the CG tap was a regulator. Needless to say he blew the pipes in the back of the TT at the outside shower. We spent the next day driving around to get parts so we could turn the water on again. Valuable lesson learned. 2nd Lesson learned, we no longer have his and her jobs. haha
Well folks I never worried too much about water pressure but did note in our travels some folks shut off the city water valve/spigot when leaving their unit.
A month or so back, had to replace the valve on the toilet and when I hooked the city water up to test the toilet valve, which worked good, got this sudden noise of water blasting against the shower door which was fortunately closed. The cold water valve blew right out of the shower faucet unit. Plastic of course and as my dealer said "all of them are"! So now I'm looking for a water pressure regulator because I do not think I can remember to turn off the danged city water valve if we leave the TT.
"All who wander are not lost."

2009- 42 days; 2010-40 days, 2011- 40 days. 2012- 30 days,
2013- 14 days, 2014- 21 days, 2015- 42 days
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:59 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
Well folks I never worried too much about water pressure but did note in our travels some folks shut off the city water valve/spigot when leaving their unit.
A month or so back, had to replace the valve on the toilet and when I hooked the city water up to test the toilet valve, which worked good, got this sudden noise of water blasting against the shower door which was fortunately closed. The cold water valve blew right out of the shower faucet unit. Plastic of course and as my dealer said "all of them are"! So now I'm looking for a water pressure regulator because I do not think I can remember to turn off the danged city water valve if we leave the TT.
"All who wander are not lost."
Not sure what you meant in your last sentence, but having a water pressure regulator will not stop the flow of water in the event a water valve blows out of a faucet! We just turn off the spigot when we leave the trailer, turn off pump if dry camping.

Old 05-02-2013, 10:25 AM   #13

That could have been a real disaster if you hadn't been there. I wonder if it would have been prevented by having a regulator to begin with.