Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2014, 09:16 PM   #1

water problem

loading water from city connection water going straight to drain. have water at faucets but none in tanks. PLs help I was hoping to actual vacation this weekend not work on this dang trailer again.
Keith R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 09:34 PM   #2

You won't fill your tanks with the city water connection. There should be a white screw off cap about 1 1/2 inches diameter that you fill the tanks with. Turn on the water pump to get water from the tank to faucets/toilet.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 09:42 PM   #3

yup, what Wiscampsin said. If that doesn't help, try taking and posting a pic of your water hookups. Secondly, male sure the low point drains are closed as well as the fw tank drain.
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 09:52 PM   #4

Sounds like he hooked up the black tank flush thinking it was city water connection on mine they are side by side easy to get mixed up. My water tank fill is at the back of my trailer by itself and has a screw on cap.

2001 Ford F-350 DRW 7.3
2011 25 RL Wildcat
former fiver 1976 Fourwinds had for 35 years
onetonford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 10:13 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith R View Post
loading water from city connection water going straight to drain. have water at faucets but none in tanks. PLs help I was hoping to actual vacation this weekend not work on this dang trailer again.
The city connection is for water.....from the city (or public connection). If you are camping at a campground that has a water connection at the campsite (many many do), then you just need to hook up to the city connection for all your unlimited water needs. However, all the water you send down your drains, either from showering, washing, or flushing the toilet, will fill up the black and grey water tanks accordingly.

You only need to ever fill the RV's water reservoir tank, if you are camping where there will be no access to water at the campsite (aka boondocking, dry camping). When you are at these kind of places, then you will pump water from your RV's reservoir tank (using the RV's water pump) to supply your needs.......but are always going to be limited to the amount of water you placed in the reservoir to begin with.

Unless you are camping at a place without water, you needn't ever bother with the water reservoir or pump.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 05:25 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
The city connection is for water.....from the city (or public connection). If you are camping at a campground that has a water connection at the campsite (many many do), then you just need to hook up to the city connection for all your unlimited water needs. However, all the water you send down your drains, either from showering, washing, or flushing the toilet, will fill up the black and grey water tanks accordingly.

You only need to ever fill the RV's water reservoir tank, if you are camping where there will be no access to water at the campsite (aka boondocking, dry camping). When you are at these kind of places, then you will pump water from your RV's reservoir tank (using the RV's water pump) to supply your needs.......but are always going to be limited to the amount of water you placed in the reservoir to begin with.

Unless you are camping at a place without water, you needn't ever bother with the water reservoir or pump.
understand the basics that you discribed but you can hear water water rushing underneath the rv i had to rig a hose just to capture it. Its free flowing like I have a valve close some where but dont know of one
Old 06-07-2014, 05:28 AM   #7

Post what type of RV you have: year, mfg, model etc.....it will help
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32) 2018 (42) 2019 (28) 2020 (35)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 05:54 AM   #8

2007 flagstaff classic superlite
Old 06-07-2014, 06:35 AM   #9
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
understand the basics that you discribed but you can hear water water rushing underneath the rv i had to rig a hose just to capture it. Its free flowing like I have a valve close some where but dont know of one
Is water running out on the ground or is it going into your holding tank?
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 07:54 AM   #10

its running on the ground. Of course with the water valve on Im still getting water to the faucets and hotwater tank but its also running on the ground. It may be as simple as replacing the drain cap but I was looking for something big.
Old 06-07-2014, 08:54 AM   #11

If this is the first time you're using the trailer this year (or ever), there could be a busted line or connection somewhere also make sure the plug or anode rod is installed in the water heater. Maybe your low point is still open from when it was winterized.
Cypressloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 09:04 AM   #12

If you are mixing up the "City Water In" or "Fresh Water Tank Fill" connections, then I have to ask, are you familiar with the sewer "black water" and "sink/shower" grey water functions?
If not please get a hold of a Forrest River Camper manual and read it. Otherwise you will be in for real problems when the black water tank over fills. Model is not an issue just find a camper manual and read the sections on water connections.
If you know this already then great, just thought I would point out potential problems you may face later.

Happy trails!
Old 06-07-2014, 09:19 AM   #13

i think im safe its labeled city water connection.
Old 06-07-2014, 09:22 AM   #14
Engineer of Crazy Train

Lowpoint drain open? I had an issue and lost the gasket for one. Shower head gaskets work good for that. Also, maybe as others said, there is a small break in a pipe.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using the FRF mobile app.
Locomotive Engineer
Nights Camping --- 2015 - 19 Camped | Winterized -- 2014 -18
Come read my Camping Blogs
ChooChooMan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 09:33 AM   #15
Site Team

If you could post a pic of where the water is coming from, we could probably nail it on the head as to what the problem is.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 01:28 PM   #16

well boys thanks for your suggestions today it was a busted low point drain water cap afterall, problem solved. Now off to the weekend vacation. Let me see what else I can mess up for the wife.
Old 06-07-2014, 01:31 PM   #17

How about: "Hun I forgot to fill the propane bottles"
Happy Camping
Cypressloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 01:43 PM   #18

Quote:
Now off to the weekend vacation. Let me see what else I can mess up for the wife.
Glad you got it worked out - remember "Happy Wife / Happy Life"
Old 06-07-2014, 01:54 PM   #19
Site Team

Quote:
well boys thanks for your suggestions today it was a busted low point drain water cap afterall, problem solved. Now off to the weekend vacation. Let me see what else I can mess up for the wife.
Look at these events as opportunities to impress your wife with your wisdom, problem solving skills and handy man abilities. Of course, it only works if she doesn't know about this support group. Lol.
Glad you hot it figured out. Enjoy.

Sent from my XT907 using Forest River Forums mobile app

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water