Old 04-06-2015, 07:07 PM   #11

OK no I haven't opened the cold & hot to the water heater as I was sanitizing & thought I read not to sanitize the water heater? I'm done sanitizing but need to dump the tanks before I add more water to the freshwater pump & close the by pass to the water heater.

All other valves are the way they should be. Only the leak from the check valve on the city water inlet drips occasionally. I hope to pick 1 up soon I would imagine that I can pick it up at home Depot plumbing section.

I will look into the accumulator as that sounds ideal. & I know weight can add up fast that is why I want to dump the tanks before I try the water heater. Thanks guy's. Learning alot

Old 04-06-2015, 07:16 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlgold View Post
OK no I haven't opened the cold & hot to the water heater as I was sanitizing & thought I read not to sanitize the water heater? I'm done sanitizing but need to dump the tanks before I add more water to the freshwater pump & close the by pass to the water heater.

All other valves are the way they should be. Only the leak from the check valve on the city water inlet drips occasionally. I hope to pick 1 up soon I would imagine that I can pick it up at home Depot plumbing section.

I will look into the accumulator as that sounds ideal. & I know weight can add up fast that is why I want to dump the tanks before I try the water heater. Thanks guy's. Learning alot
Have you tried hooking up a water hose to the city water and run a little. there may be some calcium or piece of debris that needs to be flushed out and then it may spring back fine.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 07:23 PM   #13

Yes I did that first before I filled the fresh water tank. It's a slow leak but will make the pump turn on occasionally .
Old 04-06-2015, 07:24 PM   #14
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlgold View Post
Yes I did that first before I filled the fresh water tank. It's a slow leak but will make the pump turn on occasionally .
Take your pump apart and clean thoroughly.

Tags
pump, water, water pump