Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2011, 06:43 PM   #1
Junior Member
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1
Question Water pump for 1977 Prowler

I have purchased an old travel trailer, that I must say is in wonderful condition. However it is missing the water pump and I was just curious if there is a certain type/brand in which I should get to replace this or any type of waterpump will do...any suggestions

megbre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 07:17 PM   #2
Senior Member
kalik282's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Medina, Ohio
Posts: 307
Congratulations on the New-To-You camper!

As long as the original pump was a 12V demand pump, any 12V demand pump should do. BTW, demand pumps automatically shut off when the pre-set pressure is reached, (IE, all faucets are closed/off) and turn on when the pressure drops (IE, a faucet is turned on). This is the most common type of RV water pump. The average pump is rated for around 2.8 gpm, with some of the better ones going up to 5.7 gmp. (I have the Shurflo Extreme 5.7...)

John & Nicole
2004 Ford Excursion 6.0L 4x4
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Nights Camped: '06=122 '07=12 '08=18 '09=10 '10=18 '11=28 '12=16
kalik282 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:43 AM.