Old 08-18-2013, 11:44 AM   #1

Water Pump in 2013 Leprechaun 220qb

Where is the water pump located in a 2013 Leprechaun 220qb and how do you get at it to winterize?

Old 11-26-2013, 07:36 PM   #2

Did you find the water pump? Took some doing but I found it behind the lower panel in the rear storage compartment. Unfortunately, Coachmen installed the water pump but didn't allow any room to install a bypass kit. I've got some work to do next spring but was able to finally winterize it.

Old 11-27-2013, 09:35 PM   #3

Water Pump

Thanks for the reply

Yes...had to go back to my salesman, who had to go back to the RV Mechanics to determine exactly where it was and how to get at it. They were just starting to get people bringing in their units for winterization in the shop.

As you indicate, the lower storage compartment panel had to be removed. Managed to get it winterized before we froze up for winter. Not much room to work but after removing the normal water pump intake tube, I rigged up screw-on plastic elbow and long clear tube to draw the antifreeze from the plumbing antifreeze bottle from inside the storage compartment. Worked slick! After re-attaching the normal water intake hose, I left my elbow and tube kit in the pump area for next years winterization.

Interesting how there is no mention or pictures related to the location of the water pump in the owners manual?????
Old 12-01-2013, 08:18 AM   #4

Yup, I did the same thing, if I still have the rig in the spring I hope to move the water pump over by about six inches, install a bypass kit and add a door for easy access. Best of luck and have a nice holiday!

Tags
2013, pump, water, water pump