Old 01-01-2016, 11:52 PM   #11

Agree on checking water pump inlet valve. Also make sure you don't have a leak somewhere so that you are pumping water out (should be visible on the ground somewhere) or even an open low point drain, or slightly open shower valve, or outside shower or sprayer valve. The pump should NOT run on and on after faucets are closed. It's not designed for that kind of duty cycle.

Land of 10,000 Lakes
2016 Forester MBS 2401R

Old 01-15-2016, 06:53 AM   #12

What did you do to resolve the porblem?
I have same issue now.
Strainer was tight and clean with some water in it.
I disassembled the pump looking for a smoking gun and nothing. Some discoloration on the white rubber attached to the pump plate but all other diaphragms were supple, wet and looked to be seated.
I am replacing the pump today
4008-101-A65 is the model of the pump.

Old 01-15-2016, 07:13 AM   #13

jsalty,after you replace your pump will you please come back and tell us? It is Nice when people Return with a solution when the issue is over,like yourself found out,Dead End! Youroo!!
Old 01-15-2016, 07:57 AM   #14

I took my filter right off the pump and no longer use a filter, pump has been working fine from them on. I do believe they should use a much strong type of casing around those filters.
Old 01-17-2016, 07:56 PM   #15

The replacement pump works great. Seems the original pump would not prime.
Old 01-17-2016, 08:16 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsalty View Post
The replacement pump works great. Seems the original pump would not prime.
Thanks for the update! Youroo!!
Old 01-17-2016, 08:33 PM   #17
AMG

I'm in Cancun Mexico but have an appt on Wed to bring it in. I'll let u know what they say the resolution is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Tapatalk
Old 01-21-2016, 12:25 PM   #18
AMG

I dropped the TH off yesterday, TBD what they can find. It is not an issue I can reproduce quickly as the service advisor is sitting there. I however have taken the TH out 3x and on each weekend, it occurred 2-3x each weekend. So hopefully they can find the issue, or just replace the pump all together.
Old 01-29-2016, 11:53 PM   #19
AMG

They called me and said my TH is ready. They said FR denied the work on the water pump because all it was, was air in the lines. They said they bled them for me. My refrigerator wouldnt start a lot of the time and they said it was wood chips in the pilot area (I have to assume from assembly).

So I wonder.
A) they couldnt reproduce MY problem
B) it truly was air and my method of bleeding it in the past was wrong. Turn one faucet on, let it run fro a minute or two until its solid stream. Then the next... Then the next...
C) it is air in the system, but you can bleed it and all is OK, then somehow slowly air gets in somewhere? Hmm?

The only way I will know is take it out again and see if the issue occurs again, but I still wonder if there is some special way to bleed it and once it is bled if the system is sealed and you dont drain the water out (if you are using it a few weeks later or something) shouldnt it not need bleeding again?
Old 01-30-2016, 05:50 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG View Post
They called me and said my TH is ready. They said FR denied the work on the water pump because all it was, was air in the lines. They said they bled them for me. My refrigerator wouldnt start a lot of the time and they said it was wood chips in the pilot area (I have to assume from assembly).

So I wonder.
A) they couldnt reproduce MY problem
B) it truly was air and my method of bleeding it in the past was wrong. Turn one faucet on, let it run fro a minute or two until its solid stream. Then the next... Then the next...
C) it is air in the system, but you can bleed it and all is OK, then somehow slowly air gets in somewhere? Hmm?

The only way I will know is take it out again and see if the issue occurs again, but I still wonder if there is some special way to bleed it and once it is bled if the system is sealed and you dont drain the water out (if you are using it a few weeks later or something) shouldnt it not need bleeding again?
You are correct, you are bleeding it the right way, If you are still loosing your prime it can only be the pump. even if you had a water leak you shouldn't lose prime just water until you ran out. Your pump just won't hold prime. Make sure you also bleed your hot water tank. IMO I don't think your letting air in the system. It sounds more like a bad hit or miss pump not letting it self prime. Once it's bled you shouldn't have to do it again until you suck air from the tank. If your tank is full and it sat for a couple of weeks all you should here is it repressurization itself for a sec or two when you turn it back on.

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
pump, water, water pump