Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2011, 09:50 AM   #21
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkesp View Post
I had a similar problem with sucking air thru pump with what should have been plenty of water in the tank. It starts with a poor design. Once the trailer is leveled the fresh water tank still tilted aft. Factory had installed the mounts lower at the rear than the front which would be fine except the pump intake is located at the front and on the side of the tank. Compounding the problem is the fact that when the trailer is connected to the tow vehicle it tilts aft, so unless you want to carry more than 1/2 tank of water (which weighs about 8 pounds per gallon) you will be hard pressed to take a shower or whatever while traveling without connecting.

My solution was to use a bulkhead fitting at the aft center of the tank. I then put a T on the original intake. Now I can access every last drop of water in my tank regardless of how the trailer is oriented.
Pictures?
how Did you get the nut on the back side of the bulkhead fitting inside the tank?
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 04:35 PM   #22

with one of these Bulkhead Blind Tank Fitting - Unique Solutions Inc RV Products

When I get the chance I'll post pictures
kkesp is offline   Reply With Quote