Old 10-05-2014, 08:14 AM   #1
Mij

water pump issues

Just finishing up the warrenty on my Catalina 40TBS and I wanted to make sure its nothing that I am doing wrong. The fresh water tank is full but I have low pressure. When I turn on the pump it will continue to run. When I turn on a faucet it would push all the City water out of the lines pretty good and then spit. I did find that the water bypass was not completely shut so it was sucking air from that. After I fixed that the spitting stopped but still very little pressure. So tried bypassing the tank and sucked water out of a bottle with the bypass hose and that worked great, the bottle was empty in 5sec or less.

What do think?

Old 10-05-2014, 08:29 AM   #2

Might check that the overflow tubing is not blocked (it's also the vent for the tank) and the inline filter to the pump if on the input side.

Old 10-05-2014, 08:52 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
Might check that the overflow tubing is not blocked (it's also the vent for the tank) and the inline filter to the pump if on the input side.
X2 also do you have an in Trailer water filter to check? Also depending on your pump you might have a screen that could be clogged but the pump itself. Another thing that use to happen to my old TT is an air lock. The same situation as you decribed use to happen. I had to play with opening and close faucets, flushing the toilet, ect to get rid of it. If all else fails a new pump is around $80 and easy yo replace.
Old 10-05-2014, 09:19 AM   #4
Mij

The only filter I know of is the one by the pump. Just a clear bulb with a screen inside. But that filter would affect the flow when I change it over to the bypass which seems to work fine. I did put a piece of tape over the screen on the air inlet tube and nothing changed which may make sense if it is stuck closed. How would I unstick that flapper, apply air pressure to the water inlet opening?

Tags
pump, water, water pump