Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2015, 07:07 AM   #1

Water pump kind of loose

I picked up my new Roo 23IKSS yesterday and during the PDI I noticed that the water pump was not mounted too securely. The tech said it was fine. I can just imagine it bouncing around going down the road and eventually ripping up the plumbing.

Looks like there is an isolation plate below it that is secured well to the floor but the pump itself seems to not be secured well to the isolation plate. We could not see any empty screw holes however. I will get a mirror out later and take another look.

So, how well mounted does a water pump need to be?
Old 03-25-2015, 07:36 AM   #2

Typically the isolation plate is rubber and it is a sort of shock mount and yes there should be movement of the pump but that is to reduce the hammering affect on the plumbing transferred throughout the unit. There is even a kit that uses flex hoses to further isolate the pump from the rigid water lines. All of this is to quiet down the pump when used.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 07:39 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply. But perhaps I should clarify what I mean by loose. I can move one end of the pump 2-3 inches with my hand.

Have you seen that much play as part of the isolation?
Old 03-25-2015, 07:51 AM   #4

If the isolator is rubber it is part of the pump and installed at the factory. Yes, I have seen that much movement. Can you physically lift the pump completely off the isolator (does the isolator stretch with the pump lift)? If you can't it should be correct.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 12:59 PM   #5

Since it stopped raining I poked my head in there (OK put my whole upper body in the compartment) and it looks to be attached all around. Thanks for the advice it looks like it is right. I was just surprised on how much wiggle there is.

Tags
pump, water, water pump