Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-24-2015, 12:36 AM   #1

water pump location

Hello I have a 2005 27ft Salem le travel trailer(recently puchased) first RV I have ever owned.
Looking for the water pump so I can run anti-freeze through system for winter storage. Anyone know of its location in trailer.
RV is parked on property up north and goes down to -30 C in winter, need to finish winterizing soon.
Tanks are all drained and have some anti-freeze in them now, also ran some anti-freeze down each drain, and emptied water filter. Batteries and propane tanks travel back and forth to home.
Still have to drain water heater(forgot about it) and run anti-freeze though lines.
Is there anything I am forgetting.
rex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 01:47 AM   #2
Just a member

Welcome to the forum!

Have a peek around the area where the filter resides. If the location of the pump still does not reveal itself, turn it on and follow the noise. You may be required to remove some interior panels to access the beast.

Appreciate the -30 stuff and raise ya to -40. Not uncommon here and we winterize by blowing the plumbing out with air. Antifreeze yes for the p-traps and for the seal on the great white telephone but otherwise no antifreeze in the plumbing. Works well.

kandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 01:33 PM   #3

I was thinking about only blowing out the lines because we may want to use the RV a couple of times this fall, but being a first timer at all this I wasn't sure if it would be ok.
What do I need to blow out the lines and where to inject the air? I have a small pancake compressor I can take up, just need to know what type of fitting to use to send in the air and where.
Old 09-26-2015, 11:48 AM   #4

Purchased a hose fitting for air compressor, used to inject air through city water line hookup for trailer. This should blow water out of lines in trailer to faucets and toilet.
How to drain the water pump, since we use the fresh water holding tank not city water line? Does the water pump back drain to holding tank or do you just run it dry out one of the faucets? Also will blowing air through system this way damage the water heater?
Old 09-26-2015, 02:25 PM   #5
Just a member

Just run the pump until it stops pumping H2O. No need to drain it. Residual moisture will not be an issue. Keep the air pressure @ 30 PSI. Open the low point drains (if applicable) and isolate the hot water tank with the bypass. If there's no bypass installed, now's a good time to put one in.

kandl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, location, pump, water, water pump