Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-16-2012, 03:57 PM   #1

Water pump noise normal?

On our last trip we were in water conservation mode since all our campsites were hydro only (Ontario Provincial Parks). When we ran water we did not turn the taps on fully. This made the water pump cycle on and off every second or two, quite noisy. I am wondering if this is normal. Opening the tap fully, the pump stays on. Will it kill the pump to not have it running fully? This is our first water pump, so nothing to compare to.
2012 Rockwood UltraLite 2304s trailer
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:31 PM   #2

The water pump in my camper also makes a loud noise when running and it seems to get worse for a second or two after shutting the fauset off. It makes a vibrating noise. The pump is screwed to the floor (tight) and a hose runs to a on board filter bowl attached to the wall. You can hear it running 2-3 camp sites away when running. I keep telling myself to either noise insulate around that area or look to see if something is loose that makes the vibration noise. So I to am watching this thread for answers.
kjoh75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:47 PM   #3
AKA Bluebird

Send a message via Yahoo to dimurrrw
The pump operates via a pressure switch. With the faucet wide open there is sufficient continuous loss of pressure that the pump remains on. With a trickle of water, the pump is momentarily able to catch up and turn itself off, thus the constant on and off.

dimurrrw is offline   Reply With Quote