Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-16-2016, 11:15 PM   #1

Water pump pressure

We bought an 08 Wildcat 32QBBS last year. This weekend we took it out camping. The water pressure has always been low, the pump cycles when you have a faucet on. The water surges barely from the tap. My wife tried to take a shower, that was a disaster, almost no water was coming out of the wand.

I've searched the forum, tried different things. Tank is full, it's not sucking air, inline filter is removed (that helped), flow is better with limiters removed from faucets, etc. I get good flow from the pump at a nearby low point drain. My pump cycles on and off a lot, which causes water to surge from faucets. The hot side is worse than the cold side. It doesn't seem to build pressure before shutting off the pump, so I adjusted the pressure on the pump. It's as high as it can go. That definitely helped. I'm getting flow from the shower now.

My question, how should the water pressure be when using the on-board water supply? Should the pump run continuously when a faucet is on? I'm thinking my pump is weak or the pressure switch is faulty?
joelhanson123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 11:25 PM   #2
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Pump will run when any faucet, or commode, is used....have you tried the city water hook-up? Any difference? Are the winterizing valves turned correctly?
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 12:38 AM   #3

Yes, great pressure from the city water hookup. The only valves are at the water heater. They are set to summer mode. The pump pulses on and off when a faucet is open. In fact, even when I was filling the water heater tonight, it cycled on and off. Removing the filter from the filtration unit and dialing up the pressure on the pump helped.

My guess is that the pump is shutting off prematurely (at a low pressure).
Old 06-17-2016, 03:20 PM   #4

After having a discussion about it with my local rv repair shop, I bought a new pump. I'll report back with the results.
Old 06-17-2016, 09:21 PM   #5

The new pump solved the problem. I have good pressure and flow now. The pump runs continuous when a faucet is open, like it should.

Tags
pressure, pump, water, water pump