Old 06-12-2012, 11:41 AM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

As far as vapor lock, if a hot water valve was open, the air should have come out of that.

If the water heater was building up pressure, then water should have starting coming out of a cold water faucet.

Go figure. As long as things are working correctly now.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:17 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Another thing Dave,
I drain my hw heater after each use as I tend to get a sulfer smell if the water sits in tank for a few weeks.
This may or may not happen to you but just an Fyi.
Also a good idea. I'd be willing to bet that most water has a lot of minerals in it, so the longer it sits the more buildup you'll get on the anode, valves, and interior heater surfaces. Its just too bad that the HW tank design doesn't make this an easy task!

2 kids, one dog (a Golden)
Let's go camping!
Triathletedave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:09 AM   #23

Ok you got me thinking. (don't tell my boss that cause live will get a lot harder if he finds out that I think).

I have a 2012 Salem and have never used the water tank. Always (2 trips ) used city water. When I filled my tank last weekend and tried to use the tank all I get is air out of the taps.
There is winterising (pink in colour) fluid in the filter before the pump.
Is there a switch to go between city water and tank or do I need to get rid if an air lock.
I have a coupler and 3 feet of clear hose to attach to the pump (when it's off). And can take water from a pail To prime the pump.

Pictures would help no doubt
The new toy hauler - 2016 Ford F150 Supercrew XTR ECOBOOST.
MilCop4523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:17 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilCop4523
Ok you got me thinking. (don't tell my boss that cause live will get a lot harder if he finds out that I think).

I have a 2012 Salem and have never used the water tank. Always (2 trips ) used city water. When I filled my tank last weekend and tried to use the tank all I get is air out of the taps.
There is winterising (pink in colour) fluid in the filter before the pump.
Is there a switch to go between city water and tank or do I need to get rid if an air lock.
I have a coupler and 3 feet of clear hose to attach to the pump (when it's off). And can take water from a pail To prime the pump.

Pictures would help no doubt
If your system is like mine, there are no switches or valves to go from city water to tank supply. All I ended up doing was to fill the tank to at least half full, turn on the water pump, and then go around to the HW tank and hold the pressure release valve open for a few seconds. This purged most of the air from the tank, and it soon filled properly. Then I just opened each interior tap until a steady stream of water flowed through. I have not had any problem since ( fingers crossed here...)

Good luck!

Dave
2 kids, one dog (a Golden)
Let's go camping!
Triathletedave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:27 AM   #25

Smile

Have you replaced your water filter? A clogged filter will slow water pressure to a trickle regardless of hose pressure..

<a href=http://www.forestriverforums.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic9630_4.gif target=_blank>http://www.forestriverforums.com/att...gpic9630_4.gif</a>
Itsthetwoofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:22 AM   #26

Water has been used city wise 2 times and always with a filter in between the line in and he fill cap. Pump sucks water like A camel in the desert from a clear hose in a pail but not off my tank which is full
Old 06-24-2012, 10:48 AM   #27
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilCop4523 View Post
Water has been used city wise 2 times and always with a filter in between the line in and he fill cap. Pump sucks water like A camel in the desert from a clear hose in a pail but not off my tank which is full
Some members here have experienced 3 way valve malfunctions in the water heater bypass system. Since it appears the same 3 way valve is used in the fresh water winterization system, that may be the problem. If water is being drawn from the antifreeze siphon, the you know the pump is good. Switch the valve, and see if it is still drawing from the antifreeze hose......if so, the 3 way valve is bad.

Old 06-24-2012, 10:56 AM   #28

I bought an A122 in march and love it. I am a first time Rv owner and don't know anything about setting the valves properly for the water system. There are no details for setting the valves in the owners manual. Where can you find information on the proper settings?
Old 06-24-2012, 11:16 AM   #29

I took the inlet off the pump. (raining again today so it's a gr8 day to get wet under the sink). The pump side came off very easily
The line in side has been found to be cross threaded onto the filter. Both sides bear the same scars
Hopes this is where the air is leaking.
The filter, although not plugged did have sawdust in the canister.
Cleaned it out and thread taped the Pump end and the filter end and will reattach.
Cross your fingers.
Simple things in life But.... When you get 10 or 15 of them. It's just annoying.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3345673367.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	15652  
Old 06-24-2012, 11:18 AM   #30
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhodson54 View Post
I bought an A122 in march and love it. I am a first time Rv owner and don't know anything about setting the valves properly for the water system. There are no details for setting the valves in the owners manual. Where can you find information on the proper settings?
I don't know of any manual available.

Normally, if a valve handle is parallel with the line, it is open. If the valve handle is perpendicular with the line, the valve is closed.

With a 3 way valve, the valve handle should be in line with the water supply.

Tags
pressure, water pump