Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2011, 07:07 AM   #1

Water supply lines

Just bought a 2004 27' Forest River Lexington. Brand new to RVing...never slept in one until 3 nights ago! Previous owner used it as a hospitality vehicle, so he ordered it w/o sinks, toilet, or shower. The tanks, drain lines and water supply lines were left in, just the basins, faucets, toilet, and shower fixture were left out. I just installed the first sink. Have not hooked up water yet; however, do each water fixture have separate supply shut off valves, so I do not blast water out of all the other fixtures I have not installed yet? If I do not see shut off valves at the end of all the water supply lines, should I add them until I later add the faucets and such?

Thanks!
turbosek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:19 AM   #2

Are there gray & black holding tanks under the unit? They dont place seperate shutoff valves on the water supply lines in RVs at every fixture. Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:37 AM   #3
Site Team - Lou

If it was me; I certainly would. Being able to shut off water to the toilet would be a real plus. PEX valves are not terribly expensive ($$).

A toilet leaker in the home is a big water bill and a hassle to repair; in the RV it is a disaster. Nice to be able to shut it off quickly without disconnecting everything when you go away for a long time.

I plan on installing one my first repair of the toilet.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water supply