Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2012, 07:49 AM   #1

water system in 1979 Rockwood

ok folks...I bought this camper used obviously. Well the previous owner removed the fresh water holding tank for whatever reason...well I am thinking I would like to replace the tank and get the water working in my camper....just in case I want to use it.

Now the problem is I dont know how the water system works in the camper....I need someone to look at their system in an old camper and give me an idea how the system works. I know that their is a fill port on the side of the trailer and a city hook up, most of the hoses are still in the trailer but am thinking that the pump and the tank are the only things gone.

Any help??
Grammie717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:22 PM   #2
Site Team

on our old popups, the water tank was under one of the dinette benches.
it didn't have a water pump. most older popups had a hand pump water spigot.

you could take it to a local popup dealer and see if they could help.
i'd bet yours never had a electric water pump but doesn't mean you can't install one.
what kind of faucet does it have? can you post some pics of your sink?
ours had a single faucet for city water, no hot, and the hand pump for tank water.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:30 PM   #3

I am inclined to think you are exactly on track. I will be opening the camper this afternoon and will snap some pics then .... But I think you are on track with the layout of what I had before I got it.
Grammie717 is offline   Reply With Quote