Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-11-2016, 10:21 AM   #1

waterpressure to the bathroom

Just returned from longest trip since getting 2013 Puma 27sbu. Since we were spending a night on the road, I added water to fresh water tank (for the first use) so we could use the toilet if needed. We did use the toilet and it worked fine. When we got to the campground and hooked up to city water, I had no pressure to hot water in shower or the toilet. I tried city water and using the fresh water tank with the same (no) results. I removed the pressure regulator, no change except the fresh water tank filled with water. Since home, I have the water hooked up to trailer with the same result, but no water to the fresh water tank this time. Any help is appreciated. First time poster, patience please. Thanks.
Old 10-11-2016, 11:00 AM   #2

Did you have to turn a valve to fill up fresh water tank or is it exterior fill/ On mine there is a valve for fresh water fill and city water.
It may help if you can attach a photo of your water hook up system
brookstone345sa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 11:16 AM   #3

No valve, water is just poured in to fill water tank.
I was thinking maybe water was getting by the backflow valve in the pump, but I have it hooked up to my city water now and it is not filling. The pump is pumping water just fine when water is in the tank. Lack of water to toilet and to hot water in shower occurs regardless of city water or fresh water tank.
I would be happy to post pics, if I knew how.
Old 10-11-2016, 11:25 AM   #4

Do You have a black tank flush valve? If so, there is a vent tube, probably under bathroom sink, It's black, sticks up from plumbing. Sometimes that valve gets stuck and water system does not vent properly
brookstone345sa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 11:34 AM   #5
Site Team

Sounds like you have debris in the lines.

turn off the water and bleed the pressure, and unscrew the fitting behind the toilet and check to see if it's stopped up with debris.

If it's just the hot water at the shower, it may be a little more tricky. First try removing the handle and then remove the cartridge and check it for debris. Be careful when removing the cartridge, noting where any springs and O-rings come from. Once you've cleaned them out, reassemble them and turn on the water and you should have flow.

The fresh water tank filling with water was probably a piece of debris in the pump check valve allowing the water to flow backward through the pump. Sounds like that resolved itself now though.
Old 10-11-2016, 11:35 AM   #6

Did you check any sediment bowls or screens for restriction? Do you have a FR water filter that has reduced flow? Could you have any of the winterizing valves not fully opened or closed
jeff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 04:36 PM   #7

Probably debris from FWT

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpharis View Post
Just returned from longest trip since getting 2013 Puma 27sbu. Since we were spending a night on the road, I added water to fresh water tank (for the first use) so we could use the toilet if needed. We did use the toilet and it worked fine. When we got to the campground and hooked up to city water, I had no pressure to hot water in shower or the toilet. I tried city water and using the fresh water tank with the same (no) results. I removed the pressure regulator, no change except the fresh water tank filled with water. Since home, I have the water hooked up to trailer with the same result, but no water to the fresh water tank this time. Any help is appreciated. First time poster, patience please. Thanks.
We had exact same issue after a very long trip (17 days) and first usage of the fresh water tank. Ours was no pressure on cold side of kitchen sink. Got the faucet assembly apart and was able to flush out two tiny pieces of what looked like gravel, but as small as the pipe fittings are it was like a boulder blocking the flow on that side. Not sure why this happened since I'm assuming there is a screen coming from the tank inlet line up to the pump etc.. RV plumbing is cheap / fragile and hard to get to so good luck and try to keep your sense of humor. Keep some big beach towels on hand as you will invariably get some water in the interior as part of this process.
Nights camped 2017-16, 2018-6, 2019-10
Admiral_Roo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 09:38 AM   #8

Thanks all! Have some checking to do on above suggestions. We update when it gets figured out.
Old 10-18-2016, 08:34 AM   #9

Good advice here - just one addition when cleaning filters and especially when you find junk in the line/filter. While you have the supply off at the faucet/toilet whatever, and the filter out, start the pump and run some water through the lines, catching it to avoid spills, of course. This will help remove any further contamination that if left in the line will just plug the filter again.
herdsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 11:34 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
Sounds like you have debris in the lines.

turn off the water and bleed the pressure, and unscrew the fitting behind the toilet and check to see if it's stopped up with debris.

If it's just the hot water at the shower, it may be a little more tricky. First try removing the handle and then remove the cartridge and check it for debris. Be careful when removing the cartridge, noting where any springs and O-rings come from. Once you've cleaned them out, reassemble them and turn on the water and you should have flow.

The fresh water tank filling with water was probably a piece of debris in the pump check valve allowing the water to flow backward through the pump. Sounds like that resolved itself now though.

Thanks Bama Rambler!!

Debris in the hot water faucet and in the inlet to the toilet was the problem. Your suggestions saved me time and money, much appreciated.
Old 10-27-2016, 12:15 PM   #11
Site Team

Thanks for coming back and letting us know that you got it fixed and what it was.

It helps us help people in the future.

Tags
pressure, roo, water