Old 08-20-2013, 01:23 AM   #11

Just an update... Once I pulled the screens from the faucets and cleaned them, everything, including the pump, is working properly.

Old 08-20-2013, 04:33 AM   #12

Most pumps are of a rubber diaphram design. No impellers. The white plastic bits were probably from where the factory drilled the tanks for plumbing. As mentioned on the forums in other post, try dumping a bag of ice cubes in toilet before leaving a site, they will scrub the black tank and sensors while your driving. If you can then do another flush your sensors should read fine. We try and do this each trip just to keep things "clean" ?

"DON'T FORCE IT - GET A BIGGER HAMMER'
"Paul & Laurie"
2013 Columbus 340 RK
2013 F350 Dually 6.7 Diesel
Paul M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 03:39 PM   #13

Just solved a water pump problem where it runs fine for a day or two then has a difficult time to get to pressure and shut off. It was the original 2.5 year old batteries. 2 12V in parallel. One read 4V and the other read 13V. The 4Vwas dragging down the 12V really bad by the second day of boon docking. Batteries Plus $80 each.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:25 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbittleston View Post
Just an update... Once I pulled the screens from the faucets and cleaned them, everything, including the pump, is working properly.
Here's a simple remedy for your black tanks "probes". They are really only nubs left on the treaded expansion bolts shoved through the side of the plastic tank. The problem with them is they are easily electrically bonded to each other by the contents of the tank. Fix to stop the bonding is to clean the surfaces between them. Easiest way is to build or purchase a wand of plastic pipe. Its inserted in to the head and direct the high velocity water stream towards the probes. It only takes a few minutes and works nearly every time. Tank rinsers seem to spray outwards, not towards the sensors.
Old 08-23-2013, 03:49 AM   #15

Thanks Paul and Vince. I'll jump all over your advice.

Vince: Do you put the magic wand in the head opening? How do I know where the probes are?
Old 08-23-2013, 09:21 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbittleston
Thanks Paul and Vince. I'll jump all over your advice.

Vince: Do you put the magic wand in the head opening? How do I know where the probes are?
They are always on RS or CS tank surface. Dependending on your RV model you can pick up the fine colored wiring from below the tanks or in compatments that hold them. Yes M/T an flush tank, insert wand into tank. Rotate the wand slowly at multiple elevations concentrating on tank sides. Place an index mark on handle lined uo with nozzle opening to keep track of the discharge. This way doesen't matter where probe are. A good wand will direct water 15' or more