Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2013, 12:47 AM   #1

Wet bathroom floor at shower.

I bought a new 2014 Wildwood 22 footer recently. We took it out for a three day test run and found that the bathroom floor gets wet at the shower after using it. I'm sure it's because the shower curtain cannot completely seal off the opening and the water is hitting the wall and running down past the lip of the shower pan. My GF tried putting a small towel at the corner which reduced the amount of water but it's still there.

I plan to caulk the shower pan where it meets the floor and also around the vanity.

I also plan to install a dam of some sort to make the pan's lip higher to contain the water as it flows off of the wall.

Has anyone else experienced this symptom and what have you done about it? Yes, I did check the level of the trailer. I'm sort of disappointed at the engineering of this design for the amount of money put out for the trailer. There are a few items that also failed during our first outing and I'll have to modify these items to work correctly.

Thanks in advance.
tosh99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:18 AM   #2

I'm trying to visualize your shower stall WITH a curtain. we had a draw type curtain over our bath tub in our last travel trailer, but a glass enclosure over the shower pan in "The Beast". Is it a round or half-hex shower pan? With our tub I installed an accordion type door and ditched the curtain completely. It had a nice plastic 'U' track that adhered to the top of the tub wall and vertical tracks up each side wall. Can you take a pic?
1986 Marriage to "Wifey" (patience of a saint)
rattleNsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:41 AM   #3
Site Team

My floor used to get wet but I solved the problem by placing the body wash bottle on top of the curtain keeping it closed completely by the shower head side.

Other members have attached a shower shield on either side.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:45 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

It sounds like you need a longer shower curtain or lower the curtain rod such that the bottom of the shower curtain stays inside the shower pan.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:59 AM   #5

Thanks for the suggestions!

I'll be going to see the trailer today as it is in a storage yard. I've seen other posts on this forum about leaking hoses on the backside of the shower knobs and I'll look into that too.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:08 AM   #6

Suggestion: from the FROG main/opening page, scroll down to the Fifth Wheels / Travel Trailers / Ultra Lites section and click on Flagstaff. When that opens, click on the Microlite 21FBRS - shower help please! line.

There are some great suggestions and some helpful photos too!

Hope you resolve your water problem quickly and successfully!!
Useta have a 17 ft Casita LD twin bed mod &
Coleman pop up
NanaKaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:24 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Here's a link to the thread that NanKaren referred to... http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ase-42544.html

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:57 PM   #8

Checked the trailer shower today and I think I found the source of the shower leak.

A VERY crude picture but..........on wall "A" where the panel meets the shower pan, there is a thin bead of silicone but there is a section where the silicone separated from the pan and if I push on the wall ever so slightly, a crack appears, so I filled that area with quick dry 3M 4200 marine adhesive. I also built it up so that the shallow channel (which is higher than the actual shower pan) that was there will not allow water to flow toward the curtain. I also cut down a small shower dam, deflector, etc. and again used 3M 4200 to hold it in place at the shower curtain location.

Walls B, C have a molding that is on the wall and goes over the shower pan lip which looks like it allows water hitting the wall to fall into the pan, so why wasn't this installed on the other walls?

Wall D had the same issue as wall A but without any wall separation so built up the shallow channel with clear silicone and installed a much smaller dam, deflector there.

I did inspect the hoses for the shower knobs as they are easily accessible from under the vanity. I was able to put another quarter turn on the connectors just using my hand.

I hope that's the end of it.