Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2014, 01:25 AM   #1

What sewer hose fits?

I just bought

Valterra D04-0111 5' Heavy Duty Tote Tank Hose
And
Valterra T1021 5" Clearview Adapter

And there is no way for them to fit inside the side hole on my stealth trailer

What ones do fit inside there? Seems like nothing can fit with a connectors on but the hose its self could fit.. or is that not for the sewer hoses, or is there a differnt aftermarket Carrier that will fit it, dont think they make the perfect size PVC pipe for it..

(took the pic as i was using my foam cannon and cleaning the trailer)
Deeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 02:56 AM   #2

How big is that hole. It looks like a fresh water fill or a spot where a jack handle goes.
kc8lvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 04:39 AM   #3

I don't mean to hijack the tread but what is a foam cannon and how does it work to clean the camper?
spierce617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 12:22 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc8lvy View Post
How big is that hole. It looks like a fresh water fill or a spot where a jack handle goes.
Ill go measure it later, and its not for fresh water fill or a jack handle (handle wouldn't fit)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spierce617 View Post
I don't mean to hijack the tread but what is a foam cannon and how does it work to clean the camper?
You use your pressure washer and in most cases if its just dusty you can let the foam just sit on it and drip down for few mins then hose it off, but 99% of the time i will grab my boar hair brush and still wash scrub it down after the foam sits for like little bit..

I got this for car detailing its made to help avoid getting scratches and swirls on your paint work..

Old 04-29-2014, 07:07 PM   #5

Your sewer hookup is that big black pipe under your camper. Where is your fresh water fill at? It still looks like a fill for your fresh water tank.
Old 04-29-2014, 07:28 PM   #6

Think about it. If that was a drain for any kind of a liquid holding tank the tank would have to be above floor level.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 07:32 PM   #7

What sewer hose fits?

If you look at the soapy pic of the side of camper I can see your sewer connection towards the ground. Black pipe with a cap on it. It's a standard connection. What's behind that door is defiantly not your sewer hook up!
Todouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 07:47 PM   #8

I think he is talking about hose storage at the location of the small hatch door. There is no fittings that would fit into the hole. Does the hatch have a long straight tube inside it, if so then maybe it is for the sewer hose. Most trailers utilize the square bumper for the hose. You may have to put a different hose storage system.
09grizzly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 08:12 PM   #9

Quote:
Your sewer hookup is that big black pipe under your camper. Where is your fresh water fill at? It still looks like a fill for your fresh water tank.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
Think about it. If that was a drain for any kind of a liquid holding tank the tank would have to be above floor level.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todouble View Post
If you look at the soapy pic of the side of camper I can see your sewer connection towards the ground. Black pipe with a cap on it. It's a standard connection. What's behind that door is defiantly not your sewer hook up!
For the above quotes, Im not that stupid lol.. Talking about the storage Door on the side i know how to dump my tanks Was showing spierce617 more about the foam cannon in the other 2 photos!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09grizzly1 View Post
I think he is talking about hose storage at the location of the small hatch door. There is no fittings that would fit into the hole. Does the hatch have a long straight tube inside it, if so then maybe it is for the sewer hose. Most trailers utilize the square bumper for the hose. You may have to put a different hose storage system.
So the side door is just for the hose, i measured it the ID is 3.5"

Saw this on amazon HERE OD: 5-1/32 inch ID: 4.4 inch guess ill measure my hose connectors later, think i saw it onsale on camping world for 35 bucks may drive to my store and grab one if the measurements all seem to work

Thanks Grizzly!
Old 04-30-2014, 05:54 AM   #10

Sorry I misread your post. I have never seen a sewer hose storage compartment like that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forest River Forums mobile app
Old 04-30-2014, 06:19 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Is that maybe for the power cord? One of the trailers my dad had back when I was growing up had a door like that over a compartment with his power cord. The cord on that trailer was wired in though so if yours was the same it would have already been in there...
Old 04-30-2014, 08:04 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaadk View Post
Is that maybe for the power cord? One of the trailers my dad had back when I was growing up had a door like that over a compartment with his power cord. The cord on that trailer was wired in though so if yours was the same it would have already been in there...
I miss read his post that is actually his sewer hose storage compartment. It sounds like it only will hold the hose . The better hoses have bigger ends and won't fit.

Old 04-30-2014, 08:24 AM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
I miss read his post that is actually his sewer hose storage compartment. It sounds like it only will hold the hose . The better hoses have bigger ends and won't fit.

A storage compartment is a storage compartment. Nothing says it has to store the sewer hose. Especially if it's only 3.5". I don't think I've seen a hose under 4" diameter.

Like I said, I've seen that type of door over a compartment where a power cord was kept. Open the door, pull out cord and plug in. His obviously doesn't have that since the cord's not in there now but maybe it did once upon a time?
Old 04-30-2014, 08:50 AM   #14

Sewer hose holder

Here's what you can do.

Cut out and attach you sewer hose door assembly to a length of 4 1/2" X 4 1/2" ID fence post cover as seen below.

Using a length of pvc rain gutter make a tray for your hose and attachments.

Top is original FR hose holder.
Bottom is new holder with gutter tray in front.

finished

C.B.
cbvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 09:16 AM   #15

I opened the links to what you purchased and I see they are 5" hose and clear adapter for filling a tote tank. What tote tank did you get and where do you store it and can these pieces be stored with the tote tank? or did you buy the 5" for TT tank dumping? cbvp made an excellent suggestion but you'll need larger materials for that size hose ends.
2000 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager M-8357 MH, Ford Trident V10 Gasser, 35 foot.
Batts-toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:26 AM   #16

What sewer hose fits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batts-toy View Post
I opened the links to what you purchased and I see they are 5" hose and clear adapter for filling a tote tank. What tote tank did you get and where do you store it and can these pieces be stored with the tote tank? or did you buy the 5" for TT tank dumping? cbvp made an excellent suggestion but you'll need larger materials for that size hose ends.
Dale:

I was also thinking where did he get 5" sewer hose

The links show a 5 FOOT hose not 5 inch diameter.
The clear adaptor is 5 INCHES long not 5 inch in diameter.

They both have the standard 4" sewer hose couplings.

C.B.
cbvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:49 AM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
A storage compartment is a storage compartment. Nothing says it has to store the sewer hose. Especially if it's only 3.5". I don't think I've seen a hose under 4" diameter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbvp View Post

Ok, I stand corrected. Never seen an onboard hose storage like that before. If they got em I wonder why they don't use them more often. Seems like that'd be a welcome addition to many a trailer.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:31 AM   #18

Quote:
Dale:

I was also thinking where did he get 5" sewer hose

The links show a 5 FOOT hose not 5 inch diameter.
The clear adaptor is 5 INCHES long not 5 inch in diameter.

They both have the standard 4" sewer hose couplings.

C.B.
Guess I need to slow down and see what I am reading, I stand corrected. Thanks
2000 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager M-8357 MH, Ford Trident V10 Gasser, 35 foot.
Batts-toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:56 AM   #19

Quote:

Like I said, I've seen that type of door over a compartment where a power cord was kept. Open the door, pull out cord and plug in. His obviously doesn't have that since the cord's not in there now but maybe it did once upon a time?
The hose would fit in fine if i did not have the connectors on it.

Quote:
Here's what you can do.

Cut out and attach you sewer hose door assembly to a length of 4 1/2" X 4 1/2" ID fence post cover as seen below.

Using a length of pvc rain gutter make a tray for your hose and attachments.

finished

C.B.
Thats Genius!! Ill have to look into that, my bathroom is right behind it but should work, i love how it can also hold adapters!

Thanks C.B.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batts-toy View Post
I bought that hose because i liked the material of what its made out of, i dont have a Tote Tank.
Old 05-12-2014, 06:41 PM   #20

Got time to take off the door, going to run to home depot later this week and grab the fence post and the end cap, but wanted to get a new seal like in the pic below

Anyone know what thats called? i feel like its almost a toilet wax seal thingy or something lol