Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2014, 10:33 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Gregg Willow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Northern Minnesota
Posts: 254
What size are you...really?

Okay, I got your attention. But remember, this is the plumbing section. Well that is not coming out as planned either.

I'm talking about the size of your fresh water tank. Geez, settle down, we have math to do.

I have read on this forum in some threads previously, that the fresh water gallons included the fresh water tank, water heater, and may be the lines. I got curious about that equation. While I was cleaning and sterilizing my water system I decided to grab the tape measurer since I have total access to my fresh water tank. Here is what I found...

Forest River noted that I had a 28 gallon tank. So I measured...

17"w x 9"h x 44"l = 6,732 cu. in. The Google "conculater" said 29.14 gallons. This was outside measurements so I took a 1/4" off all measurements to account for thickness of the fresh water tank. I got 6,412 cu. in. for inside dimensions that came up with 27.75 gallons.

I guess I have a 28 gallon fresh water tank as advertised plus 6 gallons in the water heater.

The purpose of this thread is... Did your brochure lie to you?
__________________

__________________
2016 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab XLT EcoBoost
2012 Salem Cruise Lite 221RBXL, Andersen No Sway WDH, (2) Honda EU2000i's
Gregg Willow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:37 PM   #2
NELA
 
Weezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 3,220
LOL you had me thinkin' you'd been readin' my mind.

With all the age threads I said to DH; well heck, next I guess someone will start asking our weights!
__________________

__________________

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:50 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Gregg Willow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Northern Minnesota
Posts: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
LOL you had me thinkin' you'd been readin' my mind.

With all the age threads I said to DH; well heck, next I guess someone will start asking our weights!
Yeah, I might tip a few scales. :rollback: But I am really interested in actual tank capacities and looking for accuracies. Make and model would help if it is not in your sig.
__________________
2016 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab XLT EcoBoost
2012 Salem Cruise Lite 221RBXL, Andersen No Sway WDH, (2) Honda EU2000i's
Gregg Willow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:00 PM   #4
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Interesting, but I have to ask (to quote someone else) "what difference does it make?" Whatever it is, we are not going to change it, nor will FR change the brochures based on what we find, so it really is a mute point.

Most folks have covered tanks and can't measure the tanks anyway and you can't drain them completely either to get even a ballpark measurement.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:20 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Gregg Willow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Northern Minnesota
Posts: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Interesting, but I have to ask (to quote someone else) "what difference does it make?" Whatever it is, we are not going to change it, nor will FR change the brochures based on what we find, so it really is a mute point.

Most folks have covered tanks and can't measure the tanks anyway and you can't drain them completely either to get even a ballpark measurement.
Okay, nice change of point. But size does matter when your making a buying decision on tank capacities and it is not a "mute point", may they be fresh, grey(s) or black. Not trying to give an aggressive tone. Too many posts on here about someone b****ing that they did not get what was advertised AFTER the sale so it "does make a difference". I know we are under the Forest River umbrella but the "makers" and their "models" may not be as "advertised".

It would be nice to have a thread that showed accuracies or inaccuracies. If you can't get to your tank, there be it. Not really looking for people to measure buckets of drain water (but if you're really curious)
__________________
2016 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab XLT EcoBoost
2012 Salem Cruise Lite 221RBXL, Andersen No Sway WDH, (2) Honda EU2000i's
Gregg Willow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:40 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
BamaBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Whereever our Berkshire is Parked!
Posts: 6,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Willow View Post
Okay, nice change of point. But size does matter when your making a buying decision on tank capacities and it is not a "mute point", may they be fresh, grey(s) or black. Not trying to give an aggressive tone. Too many posts on here about someone b****ing that they did not get what was advertised AFTER the sale so it "does make a difference". I know we are under the Forest River umbrella but the "makers" and their "models" may not be as "advertised".

It would be nice to have a thread that showed accuracies or inaccuracies. If you can't get to your tank, there be it. Not really looking for people to measure buckets of drain water (but if you're really curious)
Don't be quiet about it (Mute) it is just not relevant (Moot)
(Sorry, English Police here )

Back on topic...so what is the question anyway? Are you concerned that your brochure says 35 GAL and it is 34 or what?
__________________
Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:45 PM   #7
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
My reply was based solely on your last sentence "The purpose of this thread is... Did your brochure lie to you?" which immediately threw up a red flag to me and I thought it was, IMO trolling or very close to it.

Sorry if that was not your intent.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 12:03 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Gregg Willow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Northern Minnesota
Posts: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
My reply was based solely on your last sentence "The purpose of this thread is... Did your brochure lie to you?" which immediately threw up a red flag to me and I thought it was, IMO trolling or very close to it.

Sorry if that was not your intent.
OC, trolling? Seriously?
__________________
2016 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab XLT EcoBoost
2012 Salem Cruise Lite 221RBXL, Andersen No Sway WDH, (2) Honda EU2000i's
Gregg Willow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 12:07 AM   #9
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
Don't be quiet about it (Mute) it is just not relevant (Moot)
(Sorry, English Police here )

Back on topic...so what is the question anyway? Are you concerned that your brochure says 35 GAL and it is 34 or what?
My bad, I do know the difference.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 12:11 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
SKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Willow View Post
OC, trolling? Seriously?
Seriously, talk about pots and kettles discussing exterior colors.

I don't know on my FR 5er, but my TT was a 2002 Keystone Springdale, 45 gallons advertised, measured to be that right on the mark. Black and grey were dead on advertised as well.

So exact measurements aside, in my experience, the tank rating doesn't include the rest of the system, just the tank itself.
__________________

__________________
Now-2014 Sierra 346RETS 5er BUB
Then-2002 Keystone Springdale 286RLDS TT

Nights camped in 2014-28, 2015-127, 2016-10
SKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:08 PM.