Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-18-2013, 01:23 PM   #21
One Happy Camper!

I have never seen a failure of the water lines, but on our previous TT the pressure would be so high sometimes it would cause all of our fixtures to drip. It was basically the valves in toilet and sink faucet being the weak link. We bought a 40psi brass reducer for about 10 bucks and have not had a problem since. On our new SolAire we will probably just continue to use that until it becomes clogged or worn out. At that point we will probably just buy the same one again. If it works, than why change it?

SPPD

TV: 15 F-250 Crew 6.2 short bed, ProPride Hitch
1995 Jayco Eagle 304 BH sold- March 2013
1978 Nomad 18 sold- April 2005
SPPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:55 PM   #22
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by bend302 View Post
When we arrived at our campground in Florida on Jan 1, I hooked up the MH and de-winterized. Then I jumped into the shower and realized I had left off the pressure regulator. Just for fun, I let DW shower before I added the regulator. Big mistake now she wanted that kind of water pressure all the time. I am close now but no cigar. (Hi flow regulator from CW ($20) and an oxygenics ($40) shower head.)
Bill
Bill - get the Watts water pressure regulator for $100 (I have the N55BG which appears to have been replaced with the "Watts Brass Model X65BG") from RV Water Filter Store. Spending that kind of dough will make you when people are doing almost the same thing for $10-$20. BUT, I tell you - the showers are as close to going naked on the water line as you can get. Seriously awesome.

(No, I'm not affiliated with them. The water filter is just that good. )
Old 03-18-2013, 01:56 PM   #23
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPPD View Post
If it works, than why change it?

SPPD
Because, if you or the wife have a beautiful long flowing mane, the showers (combined with the Oxygenics shower head) are really that good. I started with the $10 regulator and couldn't believe I was spending $100 on the same product. BUT, it's really that good.

(Ok, I'll stop cheerleading. )
Old 03-18-2013, 02:00 PM   #24
daydreaming about camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Because, if you or the wife have a beautiful long flowing mane, the showers (combined with the Oxygenics shower head) are really that good. I started with the $10 regulator and couldn't believe I was spending $100 on the same product. BUT, it's really that good.

(Ok, I'll stop cheerleading. )
OK - Fabio, we get it. Now quit so I can eat my lunch in peace.

2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 320BHDS pulled by a 2005 F250 King Ranch CC

A rainy day camping is better than a sunny day at work.
jeeplj8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:02 PM   #25
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeplj8 View Post
OK - Fabio, we get it. Now quit so I can eat my lunch in peace.
FLABio is more like it! But don't worry - I've even annoyed myself!
Old 03-30-2013, 12:09 PM   #26

Here's what I've been using for years now:
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0564.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	26711
The regulator is a WATTS N45B. That and the filter are just mounted together on a piece of 2x4. I found that I like the Whirlpool cartridges that they sell at Lowes better than the GE cartridges (Home Depot). They both fit in the GE filter just fine.
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote