Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-03-2012, 03:49 PM   #21
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasilverbullet View Post
Cool, thanks for all the wisdom everyone!

I'm still on the fence about putting it in. I live in the San Antonio, Tx area. It rarely even gets below freezing (<9 days a year).

If I put this stuff in, how do I flush it? If there is some residual left in, is it safe to drink?
It is non-toxic but does taste nasty if you do a poor job of flushing it out in the spring. Always empty and bypass the water heater as it holds 6 (or 10) gallons all by itself. I also use a fill kit that hooks up to the water pump.

Once you switch to the anti-freeze suction line, any water in the lines will drain back into the fresh water tank to be drained by ITS drain. Also remove the filter from the whole house filter canister and put a full bottle of bottled water in the canister (so you won't fill it up with pink).

Sucking the RV Antifreeze right out of the jug should put the pink in the pre-filter and the lines. When it stops taking pink; then go to the furthest faucet and open both the hot (then close when pink comes out) then cold (until pink comes out) lines. Repeat for all faucets (while checking that the hose is still in the gallon jug of pink). Flush the toilet till pink comes out.

Don't forget the outside shower, the city water connection, and also the turboflush.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:06 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasilverbullet View Post
I don't understand why you need to put any "pink stuff" in at all if you totally blow/drain all fluids? What's to freeze?
Probably the water pump...