Old 02-08-2016, 06:11 PM   #11

It says on mine to leave the black tank open while flushing. I close my black tank valve while flushing and just watch the tank filling up and once I fill the tank almost full I dump the tank and I do this until my water runs clean. I normally do it two or three times. I have a outside shower and I hook the hose up to the black tank flush and most times I run hot water in the black tank first, it makes stuff soft that's in the black tank

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 07:58 PM   #12

The only TRUE OVERFLOW is the fresh water, all other tanks (black/ grey) will overflow into your coach (SO BE VERY CAREFUL) as this could turn into a very bad day for you and any other using the coach!!
Happy Camping

silverback 35ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 08:02 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
I really wish y'all would stop describing black tank showers. That's an image I don't want to see.

But, I've been meaning to ask about this label on my Vengeance:

Is this saying the black tank drain valve should be open during flush (I think that's what they're saying). Or, is it referring to the flux capacitor assembly.
Yes. It's a flush so the drain valve should be open - you are flushing it OUT not IN.
Old 07-08-2017, 11:13 PM   #14

Exclamation Gray Water Tank Overflow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottBrownstein View Post
... The grey has no overflow either, but it will simply back up in the shower drain. From that point on, the sinks will be filling the shower stall...
I beg to differ. I had the gray water overflow into my basement compartment with my brand new 2017 SportsCoach

When it first happened, I thought the fresh water tank was leaking, confirmed later that it was the gray tank overflow. Stupid thing just empties right into the basement area where the city water hookup and waste gates are located. A lot of the water ends up on top of the fresh water tank when it is not full and just sits until you move (top indented) located below the gray and black tanks. When I left my site, the water ends up poring out of the metal frame and looks real bad. This happened to me twice after waiting for the monitor to show "full".

I have since learned not to wait until the monitor says "full" as by then its too late. I now drain the gray water at two-thirds full and haven't had any issue since.

As Noted: the gray water did not back-up into the shower as this and some other threads suggest its suppose to do. FR says the gray tank overflow is on top of the gray tank and is not part of the vent pipe system.
Old 07-09-2017, 01:40 PM   #15

I hope you are right and any overflow ends up outside. But I'm not doing the experiment!
Old 07-09-2017, 02:31 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcbride56 View Post
I beg to differ. I had the gray water overflow into my basement compartment with my brand new 2017 SportsCoach

As Noted: the gray water did not back-up into the shower as this and some other threads suggest its suppose to do. FR says the gray tank overflow is on top of the gray tank and is not part of the vent pipe system.
Who at FR gave you that information? I don't buy it. I would suggest your grey tank isn't installed properly.
Old 07-10-2017, 01:53 PM   #17
King of the Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcbride56 View Post

When it first happened, I thought the fresh water tank was leaking, confirmed later that it was the gray tank overflow. Stupid thing just empties right into the basement area where the city water hookup and waste gates are located. A lot of the water ends up on top of the fresh water tank when it is not full and just sits until you move (top indented) located below the gray and black tanks. When I left my site, the water ends up poring out of the metal frame and looks real bad. This happened to me twice after waiting for the monitor to show "full".

I have since learned not to wait until the monitor says "full" as by then its too late. I now drain the gray water at two-thirds full and haven't had any issue since.

You are incorrect sir. FW tank has overflow. Black and gray tanks do not. You have a malfunction or defect

2016 days camped = 91, 2017 days camped = 109
Dano1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 02:34 PM   #18

We were at a nearby park last year when a fellow asked how to fill his fresh water tank; we showed him the gravity fill, which were using at the other fill station.

Well, I guess he got the gravity fill confused with the city water connection. He was pretty new to camping. Except he REALLY got the gravity fill confused with the black tank flusher.

At some point he started to wonder how full his tank fresh water tank was getting. He went inside to check, and when he heard a gurgling from the bathroom he went to investigate.

As near as I can figure, his black tank was now full and the "water" was ascending in the vent pipe... he heard gurgling under the toilet and figured he'd better open the flusher for a look.

With contents in the vent pipe, the black tank was now under pressure, and he was the unfortunate witness to and the only victim of the eruption of Mount Vespoovius.

I learned all of this later, long after he'd gotten himself and the trailer bathroom cleaned up. That is some hard won knowledge I bet he never forgets.

visit our website at www.restcure.ca
Restcure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 10:20 PM   #19

O.M.G. Poor guy! Just one more example of why people need an introductory lesson when buying these rigs, new or used.

Dymo labels on all valves and fittings that don't already have them are very helpful for newbies too!

Tags
tank