Old 10-07-2009, 07:13 PM   #1
where is my water heater?

I want to learn to winterize my rv. Georgetown 2009 378. I have no clue as to where to look for my water heater. Help appreciated. THis forum is wonderful. thanks!

landofdixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 07:50 PM   #2

It is a square access door on the passenger side just aft of the rear tires. There is a small pull ring which you pull and turn sideways to fit through the slot, you can then remove the door. The switch for the electric element will be on the lower left side inside that door behind a propane pipe, it should have a safety clip through it so it cannot be turned on accidentally. If your tank is full then you can remove the clip and turn on the electric element. There will also be a drain plug that can be removed with a large adjustable wrench, they are usually white and made of plastic.

"I can fix it, and if I can't fix it, I can fix it so no one can fix it!"
Ed & Wendy
2009 Georgetown 378TS | 1998 Jeep Wrangler | 1998 Skeeter ZX202C
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:53 PM   #3
thanks NW

i will look for it tomorrow. I am thinking about doing the compressed air winterization u talked about. We want to camp some over winter and this certainly sounds easier to de- winterize. thanks again.
Dix and SB,
2 chihuahuas (Scout and Katie dog)
and 1 Cat - Harper Lee
Altoona Pa.

new at RVing but
Lovin our Georgetown 378
Lots to learn

landofdixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 12:37 AM   #4
Well, we're only travel trailer trash, but that's what I did all last winter to our 255rks. If it was going to get below freezing for more than a couple days, I'd drain the low point drains and then use the air compressor and blow out the lines with air. Never had a problem there and didn't have to use flush all the lines when we wanted to use them during the winter. Just blew them out with the compressor again when we got home.

Nights camped in 2010: 39
Nights camped in 2009: 31

2008 Ram MegaCab Hemi
Reese Dual-Cam WD Hitch
2009 Surveyor 304
flyingaggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 08:43 AM   #5

As NWJeeper stated, it's behind the small door with the vent on it, just past the rear wheel.

Below are links to videos that may help you with winterizing.

milzat is offline   Reply With Quote