Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2016, 06:39 AM   #21

That be a lot of work hangin' those tubes.....

I just use a plastic tote for mine with all the sewer stuff in it. I have another for all the other non-sewer hook-ups. Store them in my Rv basement between uses. Pull them out, empty them, hook everything up. More organized and efficient. Has really cut down on my set up time and lost pieces.

I also bought a telescoping painters pole with a small roller attached to it. Took the roller off and now I have a 8' hook to pull things out with. No more crawling into the basement to grab things. One of the best ideas I have ever found in the forums.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

ChipBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 09:17 AM   #22

I have several plastic totes that are stored in the basement of our 34RL, each is labeled for what is in the container. Such as potable water lines, sewer hose and fittings, electric components, satellite wiring and connections along with the gas grill. These are stackable and two containers are stacked together, so as we set up the first container we would need will be on top and so forth. Also what is required for the driver side connections (sewer, water and electric) are on that side and the other containers are on the curb side It may take a little time to organize at first but when we are setting up and taking down everything is right there where I need it, no searching for the item when I need it.
Old 05-18-2016, 11:32 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by darvinstone View Post
Super-Slider expandable telescoping sewer hose carrier, these things are the best. I mounted two on the rear of my toy hauler.

Sanitubes / Sewer Hose Carriers / NEW!! SUPER-SLIDER Adjustable SUPER-TUBE - DW Inc.
Great solution!

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...-94602-10.html

2016 Coachmen Pursuit 31BD
2015 Jeep Wrangler Sport Toad
Nights camped in 2019: 76
pashooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 12:43 PM   #24

Mine is in a 12 x 18" crate that resembles a milk crate but rectangular. Throw all the connections and doughnut in there. It stores in the first basement compartment to the left of sewer connection. Not great but works.

Rudy - 10 year old long haired dachshund, RIP
2011 Georgetown 350TS
2013 Chevrolet Equinox toad
RudysWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 01:06 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipBruce View Post
That be a lot of work hangin' those tubes.....

I just use a plastic tote for mine with all the sewer stuff in it. I have another for all the other non-sewer hook-ups. Store them in my Rv basement between uses. Pull them out, empty them, hook everything up. More organized and efficient. Has really cut down on my set up time and lost pieces.

I also bought a telescoping painters pole with a small roller attached to it. Took the roller off and now I have a 8' hook to pull things out with. No more crawling into the basement to grab things. One of the best ideas I have ever found in the forums.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Great minds think a like. We use a Home Depot bucket and keep the slinky and accessories in it. The Rhino would not fit in the 4" bumper with the ends on and it was a PITA putting them on. Only did it once and it never again. We have an 8 foot bed on the truck and it sits pretty high, so I had hubby put a hook on the end so I could "reach" things. Use it for the basement as well.

2015 23 BD Gray Wolf
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 TX Edition 2015 - 7 nights, 2 trips, 2016 - 2 trip, 24 nights, 2017 1 trip, 3 nights 2018 1 trip, 93 nights

mdstudey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 01:17 PM   #26

Plastic tub with tight fitting lid. Holds 2 lengths of hose, 90* fittings, bottles of chemicals, gloves, etc. A dedicated tub. No other secondary uses.
Old 05-18-2016, 01:29 PM   #27

Good ideas, folks. Thanks!!!

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 01:43 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdstudey View Post
Great minds think a like. We use a Home Depot bucket and keep the slinky and accessories in it. The Rhino would not fit in the 4" bumper with the ends on and it was a PITA putting them on. Only did it once and it never again. We have an 8 foot bed on the truck and it sits pretty high, so I had hubby put a hook on the end so I could "reach" things. Use it for the basement as well.
I thought that for years til someone showed me that it did!! Always carried mine in a tote.

You have to twist the fitting so the ribs and the tabs are in the corners like a square, and it fits nicely into the 4" bumper. The elbow at the end fits too, but without its cap.
Old 05-18-2016, 01:43 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
First, it blew my mind that a camper with a MSRP of over $93K didn't come with a sewer hose!!!

However, when I bought one so I could get home......the Rhino......it isn't going to fit in the 'sewer hose compartment' above the water bay. That is a wasted space IMHO, because it will allow hose only and not the end caps! Another stupid design.

I know there are mods............gutter pipe or PVC under the trailer....and I will do one of those when I get a Round Tuit. I'm out of Round Tuits right now. Till then, it's just in a garbage bag in the basement.

Any better ideas???
I use something like this.

Robot Check

The one I have is a little bigger and was less expensive. I found it in a dollar store. Actually I use two, one for hoses and one for connectors. They seal tight and are easy to wash out and keep clean. Make sure you measure the basement opening so you don't buy one too big.

I think I have 4 all together. They come in handy for storing a lot of things.

Jim
oldtool2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 08:17 AM   #30

My dealer in South Carolina (not CW) provided me with a sewer hose, water hose, water pressure regulator, and a bag of other (un) necessary items. Even though I traded an older camper in, they said that I needed new stuff to go with the new camper. All I said was "Thanks".
GDoubleU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 09:51 AM   #31
Professional Curmudgeon

Quote:
Super-Slider expandable telescoping sewer hose carrier, these things are the best. I mounted two on the rear of my toy hauler.

Sanitubes / Sewer Hose Carriers / NEW!! SUPER-SLIDER Adjustable SUPER-TUBE - DW Inc.
For years I have been wanting to put tubes under my TT to store the slinky, the ground mat, and my home made awning poles. The plan has been to purchase the vinyl posts at Home Depot, paint them black, and mount them up.
My reaction to these tubes was "wow, that's pretty pricey!", but then I actually compared the costs involved. By the time I buy the tube, caps, hardware, and paint, the home made version would cost close to the price of these tubes and not look nearly as good.
I believe I will be going with this product. Thanks!
wrvond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 10:20 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDoubleU View Post
My dealer in South Carolina (not CW) provided me with a sewer hose, water hose, water pressure regulator, and a bag of other (un) necessary items. Even though I traded an older camper in, they said that I needed new stuff to go with the new camper. All I said was "Thanks".
Not much more you can say. Even the unnecessary things may come in handy one day. Sounds like a good dealer. Don't find many like that any more!

Jim
oldtool2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 10:25 AM   #33

Mine is in a 5 gallon bucket with a lid...Home Depot
Old 05-19-2016, 11:15 AM   #34

I purchased three more of these on Monday (43/80 expands from a minimum 43" to a maximim 80") for an idea i have on trying to use 3" pvc pipe as a replacement for my Rhino Flex. I currently have two mounted on the back and will now have a total of five. At 57.00 a piece and free freight, they are great.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1785.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	292.4 KB
ID:	108325   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1787.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	251.9 KB
ID:	108326   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1788.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	345.5 KB
ID:	108327   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1789.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	293.6 KB
ID:	108328  

2016 XLR 375 AMP Thunderbolt
2014 F350 Lariat FX4 DRW (Fully Deleted)
darvinstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 11:35 AM   #35
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Much cheaper to use 5" pvc fence post covers and get a full 8' in length.
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 11:41 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
For $65 delivered you can get a Super-Slider that goes to 100"

I liked the convenience of the provided doors and mounting brackets, and not having to paint it since it already comes in black.

Old 05-19-2016, 09:07 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
From what I've seen, the fence post (and all associated parts) costs more than $57. And it requires searching out the materials and assembling them. Personally I think they look tacky. But to each his own.

I've got one of the D&W Super slider Sanitubes and think its a great product. I will likely add more.
2016 Nights camped 5
ferguson65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 10:40 PM   #38

Have the same rv. Stupid storage for hose. Took Rubbermaid tote and store in cargo bay on Lh side.
Mahlstedtd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 11:27 PM   #39
RND

I, too, was going to suggest PVC instead. I use it for my ATV flags and i've seen it used for fishing poles too. Works great and inexpensive too.
2012 Polaris Sportsman 500
2009 Yamaha Yz250f
RND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 02:10 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferguson65 View Post
From what I've seen, the fence post (and all associated parts) costs more than $57. And it requires searching out the materials and assembling them. Personally I think they look tacky. But to each his own.

I've got one of the D&W Super slider Sanitubes and think its a great product. I will likely add more.
Ditto that. For a very few dollars more, IMHO the Super-Slider is easier to install, comes with nice latchable, lockable doors, and presents a much neater appearance.

But as always, to each their own... there's always more than one way to skin a cat. :-)