Old 07-28-2016, 09:32 AM   #11
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
His pic shows neither hose has a connection on both ends. As is, his two won't connect to each other and to the trailer and the ground hole.

I see that now.

2013 Prime Time Tracer 3200BHT
2016 GMC Crew Cab Duramax All Terrain
Ribs in the smoker and Whiskey in hand
RollingDownTheHighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 09:55 AM   #12
Site Team
Ask the dealer for a credit for future purposes, you might get lucky. Then go to Amazon and buy a decent hose. It doesn't hurt to have two 10' sections in case you ever park a distance from the sewer connection. Also get a clear elbow so you can see when draining is complete.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 65W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 10:07 AM   #13
to me that looks like one hose that is broken in half. take it back to the dealer if close and have them replace it. I have the cheapo that came in my starter pack and have used it many times, usually just at the dump station (dry camp mostly) i agree with all here, it is cheap and i can see it wearing already. When its time to replace i will get a good one. If nothing else get it replace and keep as back up or when you need more length and get a good one for main use.

just my 2 cents
bpa098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 10:28 AM   #14
It looks to me like you just got two hoses.

I don't believe either one is 'broken' other than folks do typically put a connector on the other end to mate up to the sewer port at the campsite and neither of yours has that.

It does appear that one of the black connectors is slightly different than the other but your pictures are small enough I can't say for sure what the difference really is.

Folks will tell you to throw away the inexpensive hoses and get better ones but my advice is use them a few times to see what you really need moving forward. There's no question they will wear out quickly but if you only go camping a few times this season, they will do the job and allow you time to determine what you really want to use.
2016 Flagstaff 8529IKBS Diamond Package 5th Wheel
Ford F-Series SCREW 4x4
TST Tire Monitor - Sinemate 3500w Gen.
2016 Nights Camped = 44
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 12:57 PM   #15
two hoses

That is two different hoses, with the connector for the trailer end. (the female connector) Whomever used them before cut off the male end, and jammed the hose into the sewer.
Just throw them away, get a new hose (with both ends), and a sewer connector, and a support, and some heavy rubber gloves that will NEVER be used for anything else, and you are set.
hankpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 01:12 PM   #16
I guess my travels are a bit different than several previous repliers. I usually camp at lakes and use the dump station when leaving ... seldom do I have a sewer hook up at site. I don't have any connector on the dump end of the hose as it just empties in the dump basin at the campground dump station. Most people that I observe at the dump station have no connector on the dump end either. If I do come upon a site with sewer ... I just shove on the 90 degree sewer connector I carry around.

dieselguy is online now   Reply With Quote

black, black water, drain, water