Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-14-2010, 08:13 AM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris357 View Post
I just can not figure out why this would not work for me.. I bought a 2008 Rockwood Ultra Lite signature this year, and a 10 minute winterize job turned into a 2 hour job. I cant understand why it did not work like its suppose to. Heres a quote from first page of thread: 3) There should be a valve near your water pump; one way goes the the fresh tank and the other to a short hose. Turn the valve to the short hose. This hose will be used to suck the RV anti-freeze into the system. 4) Buy about 3 gallons of pink RV anti-freeze 5) When I tried this it would not suck the antifreeze at all. I even went and put a gallon in thre fresh tank and switched the valve to the down position and it still would not suck the antifreeze in. So after messing around, I disconnected the hose to the pump and only had a smaller diameter hose and had to hold it against the pump to make it suck the antifreeze and it worked! Why would it not take when I had the valve turned on the short hose or to the fresh water tank? I even took it off and blew in it and it was not clogged.
The only thing I can think of is your 3 way valve does not work. I would take the siphon hose off, and look at the valve as you turn it to see if it is working.....be sure there is no pressure on the line and wear safety glasses.

A gallon of antifreeze in the fresh water tank might not bring the level up to the pick-up tube.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 08:30 PM   #22

I did look at the valve and it opens and close. When its in the up and down position it seems like it will take from the fresh water tank and the syphon hose. Is that correct? Just seems weird to me. When its in the middle it is closed. Does that mean I am suppose to turn the valve when I want to use the fresh water tank? My old camper I never had to. I also had my caps on my fresh water tank, but do you think it was getting to much air from the fresh water tank and would not pressurize? Im thinking about replacing the valve next year, just want to make sure I understand the positions of the valve and if its suppose to be fully opened for the syphon hose and fresh water tank or was this valve replaced for some reason and could be the wrong valve? Thanks for your time.
Chris357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:32 AM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

On mine, if I point the valve handle towards the hose that I want to pull from. Even though it is considered a 3 way valve, it should only have 2 positions (I think).

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote