Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2012, 04:56 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
ironj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by B47

I thought that would get your attention

Seriously you and I have discussed Lubbock before and there are many worse places to live.
I've been to MANY worse places for sure.....I just wish I was closer to a mountain , lake , snow , or even a small hill...lol...

Lubbock has been GREAT to my and my business , so I can't complain......!...
__________________

__________________
2015 F350 Platinum Fx4 6.7 Diesel Dually. B&W turnover, B&W Companion, air bags and wireless controller.
2015 Heartland Road Warrior 420 Rt
2012 f250 Fx4 6.7 Diesel crew cab tinted n tuned
2012 lacrosse 318bhs touring- sold
ironj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:01 PM   #12
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironj View Post
I've been to MANY worse places for sure.....I just wish I was closer to a mountain , lake , snow , or even a small hill...lol...

Lubbock has been GREAT to my and my business , so I can't complain......!...
Well you do have Lake Ransome and if you want a small hill, just drive south from Lubbock to Post and you are on the Caprock
__________________

__________________
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:01 PM   #13
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by B47

That tip looks like a tire valve stem - are you supposed to use a hand air pump to blow the air (keep the replies clean)
Air compresser.
Regulated to 10 or 20 psi
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:05 PM   #14
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Air compresser.
Regulated to 10 or 20 psi
Yeah on second look at it I can see that - Once again i should have taken a second look before I asked an question.
__________________
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:06 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
ironj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
That tip looks like a tire valve stem - are you supposed to use a hand air pump to blow the air (keep the replies clean)
Nah....just hook up the inflator for your air mattress
__________________
2015 F350 Platinum Fx4 6.7 Diesel Dually. B&W turnover, B&W Companion, air bags and wireless controller.
2015 Heartland Road Warrior 420 Rt
2012 f250 Fx4 6.7 Diesel crew cab tinted n tuned
2012 lacrosse 318bhs touring- sold
ironj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:15 PM   #16
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 54
You guys are silly. And as for worse places than Lubbock, well hopefully I never have to go there. I've only driven through Lubbock, and no offfense but it smells really bad! OK well I have two friends here in Austin who have rigs, one has had 10 different ones throughout his life and actually works on his. He said all he does is drain his well and doesn't bother w/ the pink stuff because it doesn't freeze here much (the other friend said all they do is drain too). My dealer said drain the lines and put a small amount of anti freeze in all drains. Now after talking to said friend I believe I will use the FW holding tank and he says he never sanitizes his as he never uses it for drinking water. So I am a bit confused about if I should do more than drain everything because then I have to flush the whole system come spring and I would have to do that at a camp ground as I live in a tight HOA and store my camper. When you say drain the low points, what does that mean exactly? I know to drain the FW tank at the bottom where the drain valve is, I know how to drain the hot water tank, and drain both BW & GW tanks. What are thes low points you speak of. Please be gentle remember I am completely new to this and I am a girl so I don't know tool terms and what not very well.
__________________
Mike & Allie
2013 Salem Hemisphere 272BH
2006 Ford F250
PBallie1602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:46 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
ironj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBallie1602 View Post
You guys are silly. And as for worse places than Lubbock, well hopefully I never have to go there. I've only driven through Lubbock, and no offfense but it smells really bad! OK well I have two friends here in Austin who have rigs, one has had 10 different ones throughout his life and actually works on his. He said all he does is drain his well and doesn't bother w/ the pink stuff because it doesn't freeze here much (the other friend said all they do is drain too). My dealer said drain the lines and put a small amount of anti freeze in all drains. Now after talking to said friend I believe I will use the FW holding tank and he says he never sanitizes his as he never uses it for drinking water. So I am a bit confused about if I should do more than drain everything because then I have to flush the whole system come spring and I would have to do that at a camp ground as I live in a tight HOA and store my camper. When you say drain the low points, what does that mean exactly? I know to drain the FW tank at the bottom where the drain valve is, I know how to drain the hot water tank, and drain both BW & GW tanks. What are thes low points you speak of. Please be gentle remember I am completely new to this and I am a girl so I don't know tool terms and what not very well.
lol...lubbock only stinks if the wind is right and comes in from the stockyard..hey, its texas....we got cattle and oil....they both stink....and they both are money!

ok, if you drain the lines then add the antifreeze in the toilet and drains, you dont have to flush nothing....just take the trailer out and use it as normal and flush it all down when you dump tank....no need to do anything else...remember there is nothing in the pipes but air when you get it out of storage...

the LOW point drains are little valves at the bottom of the trailer that will let you drain out all the water from the camper lines...usually under the trailer, but im not sure on yours...you would want to drain the water heater, fresh water, then low points.....

after this its your call on what else you feel is necessary to do....if you dont fear freezing, then that might be enough...if you want to play it safe, at least use some antifreeze in the toilet and traps....and even safer than that blow out the lines with compressed air....

as far as freshwater, you will get a lot of opinion, but i sanitize mine ONCE a year before the first trip.....i usually dont drink the water, but camping has so many variables and things that pop up, i dont want to leave out the possibility if i NEED to...plus even if im just showering, things can/will eventually grow in the tank if you NEVER sanitize it....
__________________
2015 F350 Platinum Fx4 6.7 Diesel Dually. B&W turnover, B&W Companion, air bags and wireless controller.
2015 Heartland Road Warrior 420 Rt
2012 f250 Fx4 6.7 Diesel crew cab tinted n tuned
2012 lacrosse 318bhs touring- sold
ironj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:14 PM   #18
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 54
Thanks that was very easy to understand and super helpful! One clarification. If I put a little pink stuff down the toilet and each drain you say no need to flush just use as normal. That is because antifreeze only in the drains has no way of entering the water heater when I turn the bypass off off as I never put the anti freeze in the FW tank and used pump to circulate it? Same reasoning for why it won't be coming out the faucet? I think I will do that just to be safe and because it isn't difficult, be dumb not to. I also will sanitize the tank once a year because I can fill w/ bleach and water at home and the dump at the campground the first use each season. Also do I need to even put water heater on bypass after I drain it if I'm not gonna circulate antifreeze through the system via FW tank and pump? BTW I don't think I have low point drains, per my manual the detailed winterization instructions say drain all tanks FW & sewage, bypass water heater & drain, and that's it for draining stuff...Thanks again!
__________________
Mike & Allie
2013 Salem Hemisphere 272BH
2006 Ford F250
PBallie1602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:30 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
ironj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,368
right....pink stuff is only in drains..never in lines, pump, or waterheater....

no need to use bypass if not using pink stuff...the whole point of the bypass is so you can drain the tank and bypass it therefore not haveing to pump 6-10 gallons of pink into it....
__________________
2015 F350 Platinum Fx4 6.7 Diesel Dually. B&W turnover, B&W Companion, air bags and wireless controller.
2015 Heartland Road Warrior 420 Rt
2012 f250 Fx4 6.7 Diesel crew cab tinted n tuned
2012 lacrosse 318bhs touring- sold
ironj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:17 PM   #20
Now a "Top Member"
 
EdJunior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Roman Forest, TX
Posts: 1,370
Well, here's my take. With my old TT, I never did anything to it. I never used the fresh water tank, and never sanitized it. In fact, I didn't even know the water pump didn't work until I wanted to prep it (i.e. actually use the fresh water tank) in preparation for Hurricane Ike. That was the first time it had water in the tank in 3 years of owning it. Otherwise, with that trailer, I did nothing. And went through a couple of freezes just fine.

Now with the new 5th wheel, I have a water filter, and many other places for water to pool. But all I do is keep an electric heater, or a drop light near the water filter, and a couple in the camper. It keeps things warm enough to not freeze. Don't have to worry about draining, blowing, pinking, or anything.

Just my take, and my thing. It's worked for me.

(The TT spent the first winter in San Antonio, and the last 4 here about 35 miles north of Houston...5th wheel is still here).
__________________

__________________
Ed and Sharon
2010 Wildcat 28RKBS
2011 Ford F-250 XLT, 6.7L PSD
Ride-Rite Airbags and Airlift wireless remote compressor...nice!

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:48 PM.