Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-20-2011, 03:59 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgargiullo View Post
We're in Jersey and I blow my lines out. I actually let a lot of air run through them to dry as much as possible, one fixture at a time. Then just enough AF to fIll the traps. No issues so far.

This is the first year we're using a cover so we'll see how that goes.
After blowing out your lines do you leave the spigots open and the drain plug caps off or do you close everything up? I don't have the nerve yet to just blow out the lines.

2011 Rockwood 8285 WS
2011 GMC 3500 HD 4X4, 6.0, 4.10, SRW
Hoo Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 10:03 PM   #22

I close everything up. If you feel better it can't hurt to leave your faucets open and your low point drain caps a little loose.

I run a lot of air to dry them as much as possible. I've got an 80 gallon compressor and I let he air flow at about 20 psi for about 20 minutes. A couple minutes per valve. Don't forget your shower head(s).
Old 11-21-2011, 05:54 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgargiullo View Post
I run a lot of air to dry them as much as possible. I've got an 80 gallon compressor and I let he air flow at about 20 psi for about 20 minutes. A couple minutes per valve. Don't forget your shower head(s).
Do you have a dryer on your air line? That is where my real concern is as I do not have a dryer on mine.

2011 Rockwood 8285 WS
2011 GMC 3500 HD 4X4, 6.0, 4.10, SRW
Hoo Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:37 AM   #24

I don't use a typical drier for this, I have a condenser which does pull most of the moisture out of the air line. However, the minimal amount of water the compressor would introduce shouldn't be an issue.

When I paint, I add an air dryer, but for this... hasn't been an issue.

If it's a concern. ensure your air tank is empty, then do it on a colder dry day. That should minimize the amount of water the air compressor would introduce.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:28 AM   #25

I do also drain the water pump
Old 11-21-2011, 09:42 AM   #26

i pumped antifreeze for the first time ever. in the past i drained and was ok. this past winter, i found out the trailer inside got colder than i thought. a small heater was put inside set at 45 deg and a light bulb was placed close to the pump. figured the antifreeze was cheaper than the electricity.

if u don't have a compressor, i would think u would be able to simply pump it thru. doubt that u would get that much mixing (petroleum products are pumped thousands of miles with minimal mixing). it may cost u an extra quart.

hook up the pump suction, do the other suggestions abt the hw heater and water filter then pump to one outlet at time. if u have a washer, without blowing it out first, i don't have a suggestion for displacing water with antifreeze.

i blew my system out first, drained the filter on the washer then put the washer on fill and pumped antifreeze thru each water connection until the girgle stopped. then i pumped the washing machine again to move antifreeze into and thru the pump.
finish up by pumping back to the drain line till u get antifreeze there.

i was really surprised that it took 1 gal to do the whole thing... a little over $3.
to hook to the pump, i bought 2' of flexible 1/2 tubing, disconnected the line from the tank and attached the tubing. not much to it.
jimh is offline   Reply With Quote