Old 09-19-2015, 08:08 AM   #41

I have never seen 2 RVs built the same,likewise pluming lines ran the same! If your 100% sure ALL the water has been removed from your system,then you are 100% covered! PS That nozlel/valve in your black tank rinse,water pump,OS shower,filter canister,toilet valve,shower valve that is probably install upside down? We use Pink and sleep very well on Cold Freezing periods! Youroo!! Your location is in the (Cold Zone)!

Old 09-19-2015, 09:54 AM   #42

A low spot in a water line can freeze and brake weather you leave your faucets open or not !!! I made a hose that hooks to the city water hook-up on one end,,, and a compressor on the other,,, with a gas valve in the center,,, so I can turn the air flow off if I wish !!!
With the Wife inside the MH we blow out each line one @ a time,,, we may not need to but we then run the Pink stuff thru all lines !!! Better to be safe than SORRY !!!
JUST DON'T FORGET TO REMOVE THE FILTER CANASTER,,,
It may still be full of water !!!

Menards has the Pink stuff on sale now !!!

Old 09-19-2015, 02:53 PM   #43

Water lines with air

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
I have never seen 2 RVs built the same,likewise pluming lines ran the same! If your 100% sure ALL the water has been removed from your system,then you are 100% covered! PS That nozlel/valve in your black tank rinse,water pump,OS shower,filter canister,toilet valve,shower valve that is probably install upside down? We use Pink and sleep very well on Cold Freezing periods! Youroo!! Your location is in the (Cold Zone)!
We have a 377 Georgetown xl , are wondering where you hook air to when blowing out lines and also if you do the antifreeze way have not figured out how to do the residential frig . Any help !
Old 09-20-2015, 07:39 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcheatwood View Post
In north Louisiana blowing the lines out works for me but I take several other precautions. Drain wh, filter, low point drains and everything I can including outside shower hose. Then I turn on tank heater switch (they activate in the 40s) and set furnace as low as it goes. Usually go through 2 propane tanks over a winter but no damage in 10 years. PTL
We all do what ever works for us,,, but the Pink Stuff cost a H of a lot less than propane !!! I guess if you use 2 tanks,,, we here in the Winter Wonder Land would need 4 tanks ???
LOL !!!
Old 09-20-2015, 07:53 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrickim63 View Post
Agree with oaklevel, have used antifreeze for 20 yrs. No bad taste, no problems ever..i dont understand why anyone would take the chance using air...
The cost of using air is a lot less than using antifreeze !!!
You just have to make sure you blow out everything !!!

Can you imagine being a dealer with 12 or 15 trade-ins to winterize,,,
I think you would use air !!!
Old 09-20-2015, 08:01 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa-t View Post
Locate the water pump and add a winterizing kit to the incoming hose. I just recently did this to mine. All you need is a three way valve, three pipe clamps and a piece of hose. For the cost of RV antifreeze compared to the cost or repairing a broken pipe behind a wall or shower it's just not worth the risk. My father in-law had a pipe break at a joint that cost a lot to repair the water damage alone. Don't risk it. I'd rather be safe with no worries that have the trouble or worries.
I installed a Winterizing Kit on our old TT,,, worked great !!!
Not sure I have room for it in the Sunseeker ???
Will be checking that out soon !!!
Old 09-20-2015, 08:06 AM   #47

The critical factor for using compressed air is that your compressor can provide adequate CFM at at least 50 psi. This makes it easier and quicker, at least. If you have a smaller compressor, you have to blow the lines out in spurts -- let the tank on your compressor fill and blow out for a few seconds, then repeat until all water is removed from each separate line.

Bruce
Old 09-20-2015, 08:28 AM   #48

Wow 47 posts for this. To each his own. For $10 or less i will use pink on a$15000 investment .

2006 Ford F150 4.6L
Rrickim63 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 08:40 AM   #49

Read the whole thread, looks like the same as most things on the forum, both work, it's a matter of personal preference which you use. I used the AF last year, this year I'm going to use compressed air following the instructions of others that have used it successfully.

Seems like it's much easier to de-winterize when you've used air than when you've used AF. I have a friend who uses air, I'll get him to help me with it.
strat56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 08:43 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
The critical factor for using compressed air is that your compressor can provide adequate CFM at at least 50 psi. This makes it easier and quicker, at least. If you have a smaller compressor, you have to blow the lines out in spurts -- let the tank on your compressor fill and blow out for a few seconds, then repeat until all water is removed from each separate line.

Bruce
Right on nomad !!!
I believe if you own an RV you should have a good compressor,,,
From my experience the little ones won't even blow up a tire !!!

Tags
winter, winterize