Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-16-2015, 06:14 PM   #41

That makes sense.
Thank you,Sir.
I will look in that dark hole under the sink for another valve.
Old 11-16-2015, 09:02 PM   #42

Also look near the fresh water tank where the water pump is located.

Land of 10,000 Lakes
2016 Forester MBS 2401R
Old 11-23-2015, 08:38 AM   #43

Thought I'd let you know that I found a valve near the pump and viola, af pumps into the system with ease.
Thanks for the help.
Old 11-23-2015, 09:17 AM   #44
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
I am taking my Sunseeker 2013 2250 into the dealer for some warranty work. While there I was going to have the winterize the unit. I think they charge about $90 which I hate to spend but due to some physical disability it would be very difficult to do it myself.

I just noticed on the dealer web site that this is what is included in the winterize "basic" service:
Drain water heater.
Open drain valve for fresh tank.
Run anti-freeze through all fresh water lines.
Fill P-traps with anti-freeze.

I assumed they would also dump my grey and black tanks but apparently that will be an additional charge, ouch.

What else can I expect them to charge extra for if I want a proper job? (Not that I expect one from them based on past experience)
Make sure your receipt says winterize the unit and that you keep it. There have been horror stories here about dealer winterizing that was only partially done causing problems the following season. Also I don't buy the not paid enough money for services in some of the responses as most shops around here Charge between $100 -$130/hr for labor which in many cases is performed by someone making $15/hr.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 09:26 AM   #45

IF NECESSARY; you can buy a water pump kit that has a built in valve for very ez pumping. Even the novice (me) cal install in 15 minutes. Once on, it never needs to be removed.
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 10:08 AM   #46
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverbackMel View Post
IF NECESSARY; you can buy a water pump kit that has a built in valve for very ez pumping. Even the novice (me) cal install in 15 minutes. Once on, it never needs to be removed.
-
You were lucky. I have to move the water pump to make room to install the suction valve & hose and FR only gave be 6" clearance for my hand and the screwdriver. Took me over two hours and still don't have all 4 screws on the pump down tight as not enough room to get grip on screwdriver.

Suction line (white of left) is where the valve goes and the white hose is tight against the drain pipe. Notice all the room FR gave me to do the re-engineering they failed to do in the first place.
.Write a blog on RV tire application RV Tire Safety. 48 years experience as tire design & forensic engineer. My RV Freelander 23QB on Chevy 4500 chassis. Giving seminars on RV Tire applications (not selling)@ FMCA Conventions. Mar 20-22 Tucson AZ
Tireman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 04:59 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gleaner View Post
Thought I'd let you know that I found a valve near the pump and viola, af pumps into the system with ease.

Thanks for the help.

Excellent!
Old 11-29-2015, 05:02 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tireman9 View Post
-
You were lucky. I have to move the water pump to make room to install the suction valve & hose and FR only gave be 6" clearance for my hand and the screwdriver. Took me over two hours and still don't have all 4 screws on the pump down tight as not enough room to get grip on screwdriver.

Suction line (white of left) is where the valve goes and the white hose is tight against the drain pipe. Notice all the room FR gave me to do the re-engineering they failed to do in the first place.

I really can't tell what's what in that picture, but might a tool like this help get the screws tightened up? One I have like it always helps in tight places.

8 Piece Right Angle Screwdriver Set https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002YVMC6I..._jw3wwb5D2JRQH
Old 11-30-2015, 03:11 PM   #49
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNtraveler View Post
I really can't tell what's what in that picture, but might a tool like this help get the screws tightened up? One I have like it always helps in tight places.

8 Piece Right Angle Screwdriver Set https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002YVMC6I..._jw3wwb5D2JRQH
A socket wrench will do the same thing.
Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 10:03 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
A socket wrench will do the same thing.
I have that tool and it is handy but not as well made as the one I had many years ago.

The attachments can fall out of the handle which is not good in tight spaces.

Bobby

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter, winterize