Old 09-14-2013, 06:31 PM   #11
Canadian Member
steeljag, it's getting down to 7 deg C here in Ontario at night and since one of my hobbies is refing (ice) hockey I'm getting too busy skating games on weekends to camp anyway. So I'm calling it the end of camping season for us. We'll have the Roo back in action again come May.

Last year we took the filter out but still filled the canister with fresh pink stuff and had no problems in the Spring. I'll probably get another jug of AF and remove the filter and refill the system, its just a pretty tight in that cabinet and can get messy if it spills. I like the plastic pop bottle idea, too.

Thanks for all your replies everyone.

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 06:42 PM   #12
I left mine on last winter and when it froze it broke the canister off just below the screw threads. It landed in the floor and stood up like a glass of water until I checked it. I found that amusing, especially since I had minimal water spillage. My blow out of the lines must have worked for everything else because I had no other problems. I bought a new filter of the same size at Lowes and moved it outside. It hangs on a bracket that I made so the original mounting bracket just slips down into it. As itat said, it's too tight in the cabinet to have to deal with it. I just plumbed through the old filter location. We had the same size filter for our well water while I lived in Amarillo, so I have about 10 unused filters... I should be good for a while.

J & D in Lovely Weatherford, TX
2016 Jayco White Hawk 28DSBH TT
2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4X4 6.7L Cummins
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 06:51 PM   #13
Site Team
If you have a carbon/charcoal filter, take it out. I found that it removes the pink from the RV antifreeze and then you don't know visually when the line you are treating is done.

2012 F150 FX4 Ecoboost, 2016 Surveyor 274BHS
2003 Yamaha FJR1300, Demco Premiere Slider
1969 John Deere 1020, 1940 Ford 9N, 1948 Ford 8N
Jonsered 535, Can of WD-40, Duct Tape
Red Green coffee mugs
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote