Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-03-2013, 09:20 AM   #1

Winterizing with E-Z winterizing valve

I have a 2012 Palomino Saber. Just bough it this year and need to winterize. We previously had a 2007 Raptor and we built our own siphon hose and hooked it into the water lines. The Saber has a water by-pass valve and also a winterizing valve and an antifreeze inlet area. Can anyone tell me the procedure for winterizing? Manuals don't refer to the valves and i cannot find anything online.

Thanks!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	42233  
jjeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:36 AM   #2

Mine looks like this.

My bypass valve is under the fridge.

So I set the bypass, put the tube in a jug and turn on the water pump.

I did the outside shower first because I was standing right there.
Did both hot and cold, then I went inside and did the bathroom sink and shower.
I turned off the pump and placed the tube in a full jug and did the toilet and the kitchen sink.

I then went back outside and did the water fill/city connection.

I used the rest of the AF by pouring it in the traps.

Most of this I learned right here.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:57 AM   #3

Make sure you shut off the valve to the hot water tank after draining it you don't want anti freeze in the tank take forever to flush out
ShawnMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:05 PM   #4

jjeffery,
You have the same setup we do. After draining the hot and cold water lines draining and flushing the hot water heater, I use one of these http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...k-rinser/49070. Good time to inspect your anode rod too. Set the red and blue valve to bypass and winterize. To the left of your city water connection is where you hook up a short piece of hose and stick the other end in the gallon of antifreeze. Have someone go inside and turn on the water pump to start sucking in the pink stuff. Open one faucet and a time, hot & cold, until you see the antifreeze come out. Don't forget the outside shower and washer hookup if you have one. Do the toilet too and leave a couple inches in the bowl to prevent the rubber gasket from drying out. Make sure you pour some down each drain also.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:32 PM   #5

Well...going to start winterizing tomorrow. Was 27 degrees here this AM. We have the heat on, so we're not worried about freezing....yet. sad.
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter, winterize