Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-16-2017, 10:54 AM   #1
DW's 401(k) Plan

Winterizing with water filter bypass disc

Several years ago, I saw a disc, possibly made by Camco, which could be placed at the top of the filter canister and it would prevent antifreeze from entering the canister, thus eliminating the need for about 1/2 gallon of the pink stuff. I'll be darned if I can find such an animal now. I have, however, found a Shurflo Everpure diverter which appears to accomplish the same thing.
While I am contemplating just removing the canister completely, I would like to consider all options. Any one using either the flat disc or the diverter?

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life........MOST of the time.
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 12:02 AM   #2
Novice Travel Trailer Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGrinch View Post
Several years ago, I saw a disc, possibly made by Camco, which could be placed at the top of the filter canister and it would prevent antifreeze from entering the canister, thus eliminating the need for about 1/2 gallon of the pink stuff. I'll be darned if I can find such an animal now. I have, however, found a Shurflo Everpure diverter which appears to accomplish the same thing.
While I am contemplating just removing the canister completely, I would like to consider all options. Any one using either the flat disc or the diverter?
This is a great question and I have just asked the same thing..from the responses I have got it does not appear anyone has experience with using one. I am going to buy one and see if it fits. Someone had mentioned about FR filters being proprietary but dunno. Keep me posted if you know more and I will do the same.

"Instead of completely removing the interior water filter by adding a coupler for the bypass, has anyone just used an antifreeze diverter plate to achieve the same purpose?

Shurflo - Anti-freeze Diverter - EV300817 - Explosive Powersports

Shurflo - Anti-freeze Diverter - EV300817 - Explosive Powersports

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BRDS Travel Trailer
2018 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 LTZ
benchmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 12:38 AM   #3

Quote:

I have an email out to WaterPur to see about there’s.

Old 12-28-2017, 01:26 AM   #4

Quote:

I think I found something and it’s made for the Flow-Pur water filters.

https://www.rvupgradestore.com/Flow-...-p/88-2435.htm

https://www.amazon.com/Watts-FP-WP10.../dp/B001QY1LA2

Tags
bypass, water, water filter, winter