Forest River Forums
Sunline User Photos

Old 05-30-2010, 01:04 AM   #11

The very nice gentleman at Forest River who answers the phone and sometimes answers e-mails "thinks it might be under the bed" I see no access panels and this defies logic as this is at the extreme back end of the coach and beyond the water tanks which are under the bathroom vanity. The most logical place for the pump is just forward of the bathroom which would place it under the stove. I have overlooked things before and will revisit this area and keep hoping that just one other mechanical 2600 FLS owner might be out there somewhere.

Nagivator; Nancy
20 Year Old Traveling Cat; Ashley, aka Pukey Cat (RIP Mar 2013)
fayrankin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 12:03 PM   #12

Crawl under unit, find the fresh water tank, follow the hose to the pump simple as that. My three year old nows how to do that!

Old 05-31-2010, 01:27 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywagon View Post
Crawl under unit, find the fresh water tank, follow the hose to the pump simple as that. My three year old nows how to do that!
If your three year old can read any better than he (or she) can spell, they might note that the water tanks are indoors under the vanity as the coach is built for cold weather and there are no outdoor water lines. HUH?

If the three year old has anything further to contribute to the topic, please let me hear from them as you've brought nothing to the topic.
Nagivator; Nancy
Old 06-01-2010, 11:38 AM   #14

I wonder, since you have two fresh water tanks, maybe you have two water pumps?

I agree with you that is seems absolutely crazy that no-one from the factory can explicitly tell you where the water pump is?

Could you bring it to the dealer and have them look?

When you do find where the water pump is, please let us know as I am really curious as to the answer.

Thanks and Good luck!
Old 06-01-2010, 04:46 PM   #15

Terry the Troll!
Old 03-25-2013, 10:55 AM   #16

Old thread, but I'll give it a go.

I've got a 2007 26' Freelander, and am looking for the water tank. It's not obvious from looking underneath. I am fairly sure it's within the coach so it won't freeze. I got this RV only a couple of months ago, and with the holding tank heaters I could probably go camping a month earlier than my old motorhome.

The water pump on my RV is under the stove. Take out the screen/vent cover just above the floor and there it is. I've traced the pump lines back towards the bathroom, but run out of room to trace the tubing quickly once they dive under the pump. There is blue tubing and grey tubing also, making it a somewhat strange mix of water tubing. The water pump is way back in that hole, and there is lots of wiring and furnace ducting in the way too.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:31 PM   #17

Water tank location?

If you have no storage under the bath room sink, I would look for a removable panel and check there. That's where they had put the water tanks on my model.

BTW, I finally roughly located the water pump by removing the outside panel where the water inlet and the valving were. The pump could not be serviced from there and I finally ended up pulling up the carpet at the foot of the bed and cutting out flooring until the pump was exposed. The pump probably could have been serviced and there might have even been a panel in the rear storage compartment but there was an after-market leveling unit installed there and it would have been a real chore.

Good luck finding your water tank.
Nagivator; Nancy
Old 03-26-2013, 04:47 PM   #18

Thanks for the reply to this old thread. Sounds like Coachman decided to put your water pump in a completely different spot than mine, even though it's only a year older and the same model & length.

I found the fresh water tank last night - under the bathroom sink. I tried taking the plywood panel off the front, but there were a couple of nails (from a nailgun) on one side so I just put all the screws back in. Looking from the access under the stove where the water pump is, I could see the tank (a rough horseshoe shape) under the sink. I was looking for an inlet valve or screen, but not enough room to see. It's like fixing an engine through the muffler in there.

I don't think I could service the water pump very easily either. Sounds like you had to really root around to get at it. I think mine would most easily be accessed by taking the stove out. It's like working in a submarine engine room - you have to take out 2 or 3 working items to get to the broke one.

I rather miss my old RV's water tank & pump arrangement (under a sofa). I like seeing my tank's level directly while filling, and don't exactly trust the level sensors too much. Looks like the only way to add water to the tank is through a hose connection, so I'll have to add the fresh water treatment into the hose first.

When your water tank is full, does it overflow out a vent? I don't want to pressurize this thing.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:29 PM   #19

As I recall (have sold the unit), there was no over flow on my two tanks under the bathroom sink. The two tanks were connected by a transfer line at the bottom and filled from the bottom. I could completely see and partially access the tanks by removing an entire panel below the sink; however, tearing an entire sheet of paneling off the wall in the "hallway" between the refrig and the bathroom door was required to access a leak which turned out to be a faucet connection and not the tanks at all. This was an entirely separate issue from finding the pump. The panel was glued to the 2x 2 studs and by going slow I was able to break the glue joint and take the panel off rather cleanly. A little more prior effort removed the corner trim pieces so that they could be reused. I replaced the panel with nice looking washered trim screws so that the next emergency would be easier.

BTW, I think you can fiddle with the valves and use the pump to suck water into the tank via the "city water connection" with a male hose fitting attached to a hose using the same procedure that you would use to pump in antifreeze for winterizing but I agree that there is no gravity fill which is probably a real detriment for boondockers.

I think I've told you more than I know about this unit other than I am very glad that someone else now owns it.

I wish you many happy trails.
Nagivator; Nancy
Old 03-27-2013, 05:11 PM   #20
Camping Crazy

The water pump in my old TT was along side the bed under the closet. The area is carpeted and not at all obvious that there was an access panel there. It was not a hinged panel there was four screws that held in on and they were buried in the carpet. I finally found it by feeling around on the carpet because I could here it in that area and knew there had to be an access panel there somewhere. Don't cut anything, there has to be a panel.

2013 Columbus 325RL

columbusfan325 is offline   Reply With Quote