Old 08-30-2016, 06:37 PM   #1
100 amp 12 volt DC circuit breakers

2015 forest river cardinal model 3825fl. I've been going through it just doing maintenance and I came across 2 100 amp 12 volt dc manual reset circuit breakers. they are made by optifuse and are model 253 which is for the automotive market. the positive lead from the 12 volt battery bank goes directly to these two circuit breakers and they are wired in parallel. does any body know what these are for? the only thing I can think of is that they are protection devices for the following 12 electrical loads: 12 volt fuse panel, inverter (ours is 2000 watts), converter / charger. i'd just like your thoughts on what these may be for. I guess its time to get back on hands and knees and try to trace the wires to see how these are connected. thanks

2015 cardinal model 3825fl
2015 dodge ram 3500 dually
CHICKDOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 09:40 PM   #2
Learning a lot as I go...
2000 watts is a fairly large inverter... 2000/12 = 167 amps. That suggests you have two power legs to the inverter through each of those breakers.

They probably run all the 12v system power through them.

stevejahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 12:36 PM   #3
Head Rambler
As you suspected, they're for the inverter/power distribution. Since they're wired parallel, they share the load somewhat equally. I don't like connecting them like that, but it's pretty common practice.
Salem 29RKSS Pushing a 2500 Mega-Cab CTD!
Gotta go campin!
Bama Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote

12 volt, breaker