Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2012, 04:30 PM   #1

12 Volt Outlet in Sierra 365 SAQ?

First the question:
Is there/where is a 12 volt power outlet in a Sierra 365 SAQ?

Now the rant:
We're not new to RVing but this is our first season with the 2013 365 SAQ. We recently had a really bad storm blow through and the power at the campground was out for several days. As the first power-less evening rolled around we went to set up the hide-a-bed for our guests, took out the air mattress, and were in complete disbelief that nowhere in the bunk house was there a 12 volt outlet to plug in the air pump.

After searching this monster 5er head to toe, I couldn't find a 12 volt power outlet anywhere except next to the ashtray in my TV.

I can't believe FR would put out a $40,000+ camper (that we bought locally mind you) that doesn't include at least one $3.00 12 volt power outlet, especially considering it includes 2 inflatable air mattresses that both have 12 volt adapters but are rendered useless unless you're hooked up to a power pole. Common sense says there should be one in the living area and another one in the bunkhouse and perhaps a third in the basement.

I guess when camping only on battery we're expected to inflate the mattresses outside next to the tow vehicle in the rain and shove them back into the camper through the front door, hopefully not popping them in the process. And if they deflate in the middle of the night we have to just live with it.

This isn't the kind of thing that should require a mod. No matter how nice the floor plan is, it's little things like this that tick off new owners and will have them shopping for a different manufacturer next time around. The 365 SAQ is not a new model and while the build quality is generally very good, there are some stupid little things that are just plain wrong with the unit that someone living in it for any length of time would have seen right away - for instance, we have a 120VAC outlet in the path of the sliding closet door that's caused 2 broken phone chargers, but that's a story for another time. FR engineers should live in their own designs for a few months before selling them to the public.
happy_camper_nj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
12 volt, 365, 365 saq, power outlet