Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2017, 12:41 PM   #1

12 volt power

Couple weeks ago I checked my 7 pin female plug for presence of 12 volt power. Just something I do. This time no power . Didn't think much of it till yesterday, when I discovered no power to slide outs of self leveling system. I do have 12 v power to awning , lights and thermostat. Checked output of converter , 12 volts present. No power at 12 volt buss where all connections for slides and auto leveler are connected. Batteries are dead. So I am at impasse as to why I have 12 v lights but no 12 volts to slides and leveler . Is there another device that splits the 12 v power to the lights and another leg to the heavy 12 v use leveler sand slides and batteries . I have a 2017 cedar creek silverback 37 BH

Thanks gene gleason
litespan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 02:10 PM   #2

don't know how yours in cabled. on ours the converter is midway between the 12 volt fuse box and the batteries. also I believe the slide outs and levelers have in line fuses that are near the batteries and are not in the fuse box. could it be that you have a loose connection going from the converter to the battery? there could be 12 volts from the converter to the fuse box to run the lights but the loose connection is keeping it from going to the batteries. or could the battery disconnect switch have the batteries disconnected? even if this is so, if plugged into shore power the converter could be supplying 12 volts to the fuse box. also, the 12 volt lead on the 7 pin connector is often wired directly to the batteries. one test would be disconnect from shore power and see if the lights will come on. if not you know they are being powered by the converter when connected to shore power. if so there is some form a loose or broken connection between converter and batteries. double check battery disconnect switch
Old 07-24-2017, 02:20 PM   #3
Site Team

If your converter isn't charging your batteries, and your batteries are dead, then there are some things that won't work as they're tied to your batteries and not directly to the power center.

Also, there should be some resettable breakers near the batteries that could be tripped.

You need to have the batteries charged and tested to see if they're still good after being completely discharged.
Old 07-24-2017, 03:37 PM   #4

I have found the problem! One of my little gremlin nephews must have turned the battery disconnect switch off ! I knew it had to be simple . Turned switch to on bingo power to all ! Thanks for the quick response
Old 07-24-2017, 03:43 PM   #5

Not a very good battery disconnect if all the lights still work.
Old 07-24-2017, 05:01 PM   #6

12volt

If I disconnect shore power, then hit disconnect then all goes dead
Old 07-25-2017, 11:54 AM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by litespan46 View Post
I have found the problem! One of my little gremlin nephews must have turned the battery disconnect switch off ! I knew it had to be simple . Turned switch to on bingo power to all ! Thanks for the quick response
Thanks for letting us know what you found. I'll file that away in the ole memory banks!

Cutting off the disconnect would be the same as tripping the resettable breakers.

Tags
12 volt, power